No announcement yet.

NOT NEWS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Similar, these ones are noticeably harder but the style and topics are the same. Thanks for your wishes Gero.

Comment

The last time a Royal wanted to marry an american divorcee a couple of years older than him, he had to abdicate and become a nazi. It's good to see we've moved on a bit.

Comment

Yes, this time, he wore the uniform, first.

Comment

The Spectator wants everyone to know that they have most certainly not moved on

https://twitter.com/spectator/status/935098939522633729

Comment

haha

Comment

SHE'S DIVORCED? Fucking hell, I have so much to learn about this young woman. She sounds fabulous.

*Literally, until there was a rumbling of an announcement, I would have thought the name was a pop star's.

Comment

Hold on. His parents were divorced. His step mam was divorced, His Aunt is divorced, his uncle is divorced and was a regular on Epstein's lolita express. His other uncle is too busy producing musical theatre to get divorced from his female wife, His grandfather left his grandmother early in the marriage to fuck his way around the empire on the royal yacht, before being forced to come back. And the whole fucking religion only exists because Henry VIII thought that a divorce would cure his diseased cock.

I think we can give the poor woman a bit of a break. Anyway, it's not like Anglicanism is a real religion.

Comment

I meant, that I had only heard her name for the first time, the other day, and she has a story, and I am now interested more than I would nominally be in any royal story.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                    Anyway, it's not like Anglicanism is a real religion.
                    Ha ha, Colm's about to do a Toro on us. He'll be wearing ash on his forehead just after the next Mardi Gras...

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                      When Princess Anne married Captain Mark Phillips in 1974, we all got a day off school. I didn't go to Cubs that evening as I assumed that was off too (I didn't want to go either).

I was in trouble with Akela the next week.
                      I was in trouble at school the following day. We had to write "News", with only one possible topic on offer: "Princess Anne's Wedding". There were questions - "What colour was Princess Anne's dress?" ; "How many page boys were in attendance?" - and everything.

As I hadn't watched it (not least because we didn't have a television set), I was royally fucked. Mrs Leymann was very cross with me. "treibeis, we had high hopes of you", that sort of thing.

I was six at the time.

Comment

Should have just said neigh . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                          Ha ha, Colm's about to do a Toro on us. He'll be wearing ash on his forehead just after the next Mardi Gras...
                          Ah now, just knowing about Henry VIII doesn't make you a catholic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                            I think she may be about to leave, Season 2 of a TV show which I don't watch, because of this.

Did Grace Kelly ever act after marrying Rainier?
                            Season 8

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post

Did Grace Kelly ever act after marrying Rainier?
                              No. Hitchcock offered her Marnie and Herbert Ross grovelled mightily to get her for The Turning Point in the late 70s, but she turned both down.

Comment

guess the Grace Kelly and sultry satanic sex magick orgies rumours is a 70s version of Internet Bollocks now. May I confess I’ve never seen that much in her acting or presence?

Comment

I agree. But, then again, she was only in the business for four years. She had the right "look" for the mid-50s. The anti-Marilyn, pretty, wealthy, chaste. A good girl from a respectable Catholic family. The girl you'd marry, and who'd have your kids, rather than just fuck. She also seems to be someone who didn't take chances, creatively, professionally or in life. She turned down On the Waterfront FFS.

Comment

in fairness, she turned down on the waterfront to make rear window. and she threatened to quit acting completely at 24 if MGM wouldn't lend her to Paramount to make the Country girl.

Comment

Sure, but OTW was a better part. Kazan may not have picked her for the film anyway, reputedly she was short-listed along with Rosemary Clooney and Eva Marie Saint, but got a call from Hitchcock telling her to go to Hollywood for a costume fitting. She went.

Comment

I think Kelly made the right decision. Rear Window is the far better film.

Comment

But Eva Marie Saint got to appear in a Lloyd Cole song on the back of that role.

Seriously though, it was a tough world for American actresses then because their role was to react to the dilemmas of the male protagonists. The drama is never framed around her character so she rarely gets to truly act. They were worse off than in the 40s when Ingrid Bergman or Bette Davis were able to work with some material that foregrounded them more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                            Hold on. His parents were divorced. His step mam was divorced, His Aunt is divorced, his uncle is divorced and was a regular on Epstein's lolita express. His other uncle is too busy producing musical theatre to get divorced from his female wife, His grandfather left his grandmother early in the marriage to fuck his way around the empire on the royal yacht, before being forced to come back.
                                            Best summary I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Child Ballads View Post
                                              I think Kelly made the right decision. Rear Window is the far better film.
                                              At this distance it's probably seen that way, but it wasn't in the fifties.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                But Eva Marie Saint got to appear in a Lloyd Cole song on the back of that role.

Seriously though, it was a tough world for American actresses then because their role was to react to the dilemmas of the male protagonists. The drama is never framed around her character so she rarely gets to truly act. They were worse off than in the 40s when Ingrid Bergman or Bette Davis were able to work with some material that foregrounded them more.
                                                Too true. Particularly for A list movies.

Comment

Sorry, but this is brilliant.

Comment

I concur with the Royals on this crucial decision:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Telegraph...45705542717440

Comment

Working...
                                                    X