NOT NEWS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOT NEWS!!!

R4 Today programme considered an American appearing in court in Australia about a dog needed to be brought to my attention.
    The report clarified the American is married to another American & they do acting.
    It was also necessary to specify the method of transport employed to undertake their journey.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Apparently this is the main news in the UK at the moment...

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Heads pretty much in line there.

One bullet.

(and of course three of them are in line in a very different sense aha ha)

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Prince Charles looks like a slightly better-groomed version of Rowley Birkin QC.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Meanwhile, in Bore-tree -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-36092179

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Why is this puff piece in London?

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

The Beeb's "news" is leading with this shit...

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

In terms of broadcasting and media politics, I'd argue that it's actually quite significant, all this.

Not lead news material obv, but still not without interest.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

You want something that really isn't news, and is of no interest to anyone? Try this

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

I don't know what the fuck Miliband is going on about. If he had been around in the 1930's he would have been so far up Ramsay McDonald's arse, the only thing you would have been able hear from him would have been his relentlessly shrill condemnations of Lansbury and Attlee as leading the party into ideological, unelectable ruin.

David Miliband would have been a. pig. in. shit. in the National Government sitting happily alongside McDonald, Snowden and the other Common Sense (the precursor to Decency) defectors from the party.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

He's one of the worst, most boring, writers about politics of all time too. He's utterly unreadable. Does anyone edit his shit?

Comment

Two people have decided to get married. This is such incredible news that it warrants the first 20 minutes of the BBC's main news programme.

Comment

The One Show is insufferable at the best of times. It must have been traumatic today.

Comment

Congratulations to all of you. Please let me know what sort of plans you're making to commemorate the blessed day.

Ooooo...and then there'll be babies....

Comment

I know that "today's crap is not as bad as yesteryear's crap" doesn't cut much ice, but for what little it's worth, that does seem to be true. Chas & Di getting engaged was a horrible fraud, and everyone (close to sources close to etc.) knew that it was a fraud, and yet they promulgated the obsequious deceit like Trump groupies on Fox. It was more or less illegal to tell the truth in Britain back then, a fucking awful time. (Also quasi-illegal: non-virgins, divorce, darkies, Yanks, Catholics of course ... ).

Shame it's taken so many break-ups and a mother's death for the next generation of Royals to be more honestly human about who they love but it's progress, of a sort.

Comment

Do we get a holiday? This saturation coverage is doing my head in. I wonder what shite the government have pulled while the media is distracted.

Comment

Working age benefits to be frozen for another year. Took them 20 minutes to sneak that one out.

No holiday in glorious Brexit Britain. I was in Ireland for the last one, so thankfully missed the Wall to Wall Witchell. I quite like Harry, especially during his phase of getting drunk and saying/doing something gloriously inappropriate. And he clearly absolutely cares about the various causes and charities.

Comment

In Australia, where so many profess Republicanism there will be an absolute orgy of garbage about this for the next umpteen months, the goss mags will sell by the truckload, lowest common denominator daytime TV will have endless easy fodder.

No day off though.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                        Do we get a holiday?
                                        Nope.

Comment

When Princess Anne married Captain Mark Phillips in 1974, we all got a day off school. I didn't go to Cubs that evening as I assumed that was off too (I didn't want to go either).

I was in trouble with Akela the next week.

Comment

The bride to be has an African American mother so that makes the story relevant to my classes at least, and I assume it annoys the racist right. A part black person could soon go in the line of those eligible to inherit the throne.

Comment

This is the most viable Brexit plan yet. Their children will be eligible to run for US President, then abdications from William and Kate's family gives them the crown, and Britain reassimilates the colony.

Comment

Can you answer the royal family questions Meghan Markle will face?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...y_to_clipboard

How the fuck is she jumping the queue? She should have to wait 5 years like every other non EU national marrying a UK citizen.

I look forward to seeing her in Croydon.

Comment

I think she may be about to leave, Season 2 of a TV show which I don't watch, because of this.

Did Grace Kelly ever act after marrying Rainier?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                                    Can you answer the royal family questions Meghan Markle will face?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...y_to_clipboard

How the fuck is she jumping the queue? She should have to wait 5 years like every other non EU national marrying a UK citizen.

I look forward to seeing her in Croydon.
                                                    Hang on! Are these the same questions your missus had to answer, AE? (Best wishes, btw.)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X