NOT NEWS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOT NEWS!!!

Apparently a woman has been convicted of drink driving after pleading guilty to the offence and has been banned for 15 months.

OK. Put it in the court reports then.

But national news?

No.

NOT NEWS!!!

Even less news that she sometimes wears a bikini on holiday. Presumably not whilst driving around Southgate in September, but phwoooar! That'll be the photo that we'll use!

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Please refer to Sydney's Sun Herald newspaper. Every edition is a case of "hunt the news".

Mind you, I stopped reading it some years ago.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Guy Profumo wrote: Apparently a woman has been convicted of drink driving after pleading guilty to the offence and has been banned for 15 months.

OK. Put it in the court reports then.

But national news?

No.
        Pah, the BBC reported a few days ago on a Woman being arrested for DUI in Oregon. Driving had nothing to do with ex-profession. That was apparently international news, not just national.

That story has rather kicked off in the last 24 hours, as well.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

I've just been scouring the Guardian website and I still don't have the faintest idea what this thread is about.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Fussbudget wrote: I've just been scouring the Guardian website and I still don't have the faintest idea what this thread is about.
            That's because it was reported on the BBC website…

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

I genuinely have no idea what this thread is all about and, having checked a couple of news sites for enlightenment, am still none the wiser. This suggests that the thread title is, to at least some extent, literally true.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Ha! Hadn't seen Fussbudget's post before I wrote that.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Uh. Guy, that wasn't all that obvious from your original post, to be fair.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Guy Profumo wrote:
                    Originally posted by Fussbudget
                    I've just been scouring the Guardian website and I still don't have the faintest idea what this thread is about.
                    That's because it was reported on the BBC website…
                    Oh, okay, I'll check there then.

Nope, still genuinely no clue.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Some female sleb who I'd never heard of got done for drinking and driving. The Beeb had a page on it in the London section. Dunno why Guy was looking there...

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

By the way, this, too, is news...

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Gangster Octopus wrote: Some female sleb who I'd never heard of got done for drinking and driving. The Beeb had a page on it in the London section. Dunno why Guy was looking there...
                          Was a lead story under the "Entertainment" heading on the main (news) page IIRC.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Gangster Octopus wrote: By the way, this, too, is news...
                            Can't disagree with you there, sir!

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/28-world/1186455-won-t-somebody-please-think-of-the-children#1186455

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Guy Profumo wrote:
                              Originally posted by Gangster Octopus
                              Some female sleb who I'd never heard of got done for drinking and driving. The Beeb had a page on it in the London section. Dunno why Guy was looking there...
                              Was a lead story under the "Entertainment" heading on the main (news) page IIRC.
                              What do you expect to read in the "Entertainment" section? If they thought it was "news" they wouldn't have it in that section, along with a story about a depressed Corrie star's return and Janet Jackson starting a family. It does mean that should Tulisa die or something, they will have an article to link back to.

She's interesting (at least to sociology/cultural studies etc. bods) in the way the media and public react to her.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

MsD wrote:
                                Originally posted by Guy Profumo
                                Originally posted by Gangster Octopus
                                What do you expect to read in the "Entertainment" section? If they thought it was "news" they wouldn't have it in that section, along with a story about a depressed Corrie star's return and Janet Jackson starting a family. It does mean that should Tulisa die or something, they will have an article to link back to.

She's interesting (at least to sociology/cultural studies etc. bods) in the way the media and public react to her.
                                An absence of muck-raking and using an individual's fame against them to vilify them?

The same doesn't happen on the "business" pages when board members and the like get done for this kind of thing.

(That's normally left to the "local" papers to splash this kind of thing.)

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

I'm not going to defend the BBC's news policy, but I wouldn't have seen it had you not mentioned it.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Apparently, some twat managing to slightly knock a telephone pole - which was obviously old and faulty - today and snap it in two causing a road to have to be blocked off for four hours is news down here. That is trending third on local rag the Chronic's website. They are even saying that the pole fell and blocked the road when, in fact, the top half remained upright. It was the lorry replacing the pole that blocked the road. The driver would have obviously been breathalysed but the police's two machines weren't working so they had to rely on the the fact that he didn't smell of booze at 10.30am.

The twat who entered the Rec dressing room to upbraid the ref - which is genuine national news - is only 5th.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Talking of things that are not news, the super injunction is back, which means that the sexual activities of a celebrity couple +1 is most definitely NOT NEWS.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

And the return of super-injunctions is definitely not connected with the return of a flame-haired senior manager to a news establishment.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

The important news from Cheltenham:
                                          http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Entire-KFC-feast-strewn-Cheltenham-pavement/story-29068611-detail/story.html

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Disco Child Ballads wrote: The important news from Cheltenham:
                                            http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Entire-KFC-feast-strewn-Cheltenham-pavement/story-29068611-detail/story.html
                                            KFC in Cheltenham, bearded dragons in Harpenden...

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Assuming this is the same story, the injunction has been lifted.
                                              As far as I can tell, though, it wasn't a superinjunction, just an injunction brought by anonymous parties.

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

Ginger Yellow wrote: Assuming this is the same story, the injunction has been lifted.
                                                As far as I can tell, though, it wasn't a superinjunction, just an injunction brought by anonymous parties.
                                                Does this mean we're now allowed to say formally we've got no idea who it is? (and care even less)

Comment

NOT NEWS!!!

It kind of goes without saying. From the description in the judgment, it doesn't sound like there's any public interest in breaching their privacy. It's entirely prurience and celebrity gossip.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X