No announcement yet.

NOT NEWS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been sat in a barbershop waiting for the rest of Gloucestershire to get a haircut. The worst of it was the radio. Uninterrupted coverage of fuckwits excited by fuckwittery.

Comment

The day after Princess Anne's wedding, we had to write about it at primary school. I was one of a handful of pupils who hadn't watched it. The bollocking we received was like something from Sergeant-Major Wilson in The Hill.

Comment

"Just a trim, thank you. Oh, and in the name of mercy, cut my bloody ears off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
          We’ve taken the gamble that the good people of Chorlton don’t give a shit and booked onto the Makers Market.
          Judging by the footfall so far I am losing this one quite badly.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
            The day after Princess Anne's wedding, we had to write about it at primary school. I was one of a handful of pupils who hadn't watched it. The bollocking we received was like something from Sergeant-Major Wilson in The Hill.
            The real interest came later on at the reception. Captain Mark Phillips had booked the Brotherhood of Man to perform, as Anne was a huge fan. As the evening wore on, Norman St John Stevas, who had had a few by then, started sounding off about heraldry, not realising that this was Martin Lee's great hobby. Matters escalated and the former arts minister and well known commentator on Catholic matters was found twelve hours later under a pile of rubbish bags behind a pie shop in Canning Town.

Comment

Why are Americans so interested in the royal family? Is it escapism to get away from their country being full of school shootings and their police murdering black people? Surely fixing their problems would be a better thing to fixate on?

Comment

Hahaha

https://twitter.com/NewsBiscuit/status/997800547330678787?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                  Judging by the footfall so far I am losing this one quite badly.
                  Think of it like the Sex Pistols at the Lesser Free Trade Hall. Quality rather than width.

Comment

https://twitter.com/j_donaldson_mp/status/997743891087491072

Comment

Nothing says modern and relevant like a long string of Ruritanian titles.

Comment

They did actuaĺly drop in for a fish supper last time I was in town (Bel Air not Kilkeel). Latter is a shithole tho nice scenery

Comment

B

Comment

Bollocks, we won’t be going to that remote valley near the English-Scottish border today after all as my wife has had to go and sort out some urgent family matter with her parents. Fuck, by mistake I put on the TV and was subjected to some noxious full-on royal shite, with screeching wazzocks from somewhere Commonwealthy who think they are being eccentric by wearing Union Jack outfits (no love, it was only just about OK-ish when we had Cool Britannia).

Just gardening while listening to Radio 3 & 4 podcasts in my cans, bliss, it’s like having a learned friend next to you. This Radio 3 series in particular is great: To the Barricades! with American author-journalist Michael Goldfarb remembering the Paris, London, Prague, New-York and Chicago student riots of 1968, their causes, impact and lasting significance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b...pisodes/player

Comment

We had the BBC 1 feed, which had to segue into the Cup Final coverage ("What will the ref be wearing? Arf!"). Sadly we cut to local programming before Chewbacca's FA Cup predictions, another actual thing. It's been one of those days where you have to keep saying "you couldn't make it up".

Comment

It's funny cos it's true:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MallowNew...68147976511488

Comment

My local Lidl was deserted. Rather unfortunate for the shoplifter nabbed in the act and police called. I hope he tried the 'I only wanted to toast the lovely couple's good health, officer'

Comment

I thought I was going to get away with it today, but those fucking arseholes at Fox, decided to show a bit of it in the build up to Cup Final day.

Coverage started at 9am, it's now whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                                      My local Lidl was deserted. Rather unfortunate for the shoplifter nabbed in the act and police called. I hope he tried the 'I only wanted to toast the lovely couple's good health, officer'
                                      With a packet of salami?

Comment

I don't think it was a salami he was hiding

Comment

Just look at the Mail's website. It's incredible. They've even neglected the obligaotry 'Sleb in a Swimsuit' feature you ALWAYS get just under the main headline, and to the right of the second story.

I wonder what it signifies?

Comment

That's a great quote. In a country where African-Americans are fucked on issues of economic equality, social justice, "war on drugs", police brutality and sentencing, they are highly reliant on symbolism as their best hope of at least winning over hearts and minds, even though entrenched white economic interests (white economic supremacy, in effect) will be much harder to shift. Also in these times of Trump, when White Nationalism is no longer a stigma but a badge of political honour, Markle is an important counterweight, and the priest going on about Love has a subtext that is significant to that as well. That doesn't mean it will change any votes in 2020 but there's a butterfly's wings effect in the culture that does harbour hope for 2040 (when I'll be dead most likely).

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48891808

Nor is the decision to "withhold" the names of the godparents.

(As an aside, is anyone else on here a godfather / godmother to anyone else?)

Comment

Yes, I've got a Goddaughter (as I've mentioned before, Bloc party's drummer) and a Godson, (who's girlfriend is pregnant, so I might be a Godgrandfather soon).

Going off on a tangent, I became a great uncle when I was 36, which felt a bit weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                                  Yes, I've got a Goddaughter (as I've mentioned before, Bloc party's drummer) and a Godson, (who's girlfriend is pregnant, so I might be a Godgrandfather soon).

Going off on a tangent, I became a great uncle when I was 36, which felt a bit weird.
                                                  Then we must meet for nuncheon in order to compare notes.

Comment

I've got two godsons. One I never see and one I regularly chat to about Lego.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X