• Show
Clear All

Ursus Family Serie A Prediction League 2008/09

Fiorentina - Milan X (2-2)
    Roma - Torino X
    Bologna - Catania X (1-1)
    Inter - Atalanta 1
    Palermo - Sampdoria X

We may get a draw at Roma but the cynic in me believes Bologna-Catania will be a draw. So it's hello Serie B and wondering where the hell are Frosinone and Sassuolo?

Comment

Juve 1-0 up already

And so are Inter(almost irrelevant i know).

Do any Italian based posters know who that bald-headed, juve supporting gobshite is on Telelombardia?
      I'm surprised his colleagues haven't committed (multiple) GBH on him.

Torino go 1-0 up at Roma.

Goals everywhere.

Comment

Well done Lodz

Fiorentina - Milan (1-0)
        Roma - Torino 1
        Bologna - Catania 1 (1-0)
        Inter - Atalanta 1
        Palermo - Sampdoria 1

Has there been much critical reaction to Ancelotti's book in Italy, there were some rum comments in there.

Comment

Great reception from Fiorentina players and crowd to the Great Maldini.

Another Great, La Furia Ceca Bianconera, bowed out today. it will be strange without Nedved at Juve next year. Guard of honour with the Juve players wearing the no 11 and Nedved (name not player)on their backs. Very moving. On medication or not I will raise a glass of prosecco to the Great Pavel tonight.

Ancelotti gone so Milan fans happy? We'll see. Buying policy needs to change at the top before Milan take that extra step. Still only 49 Ancelotti. I'd like him back at Juve personally.

Torino down. Very sad about that. Come on Cairo sort it out. Try to choose a manager outside of your very small fish tank.

It threatened to be an even more exciting season earlier on but still a decent one overall: Genoa, Cagliari, Palermo, early Napoli there really was some fscinating stuff out there for a while.

Well done Lodzubelievit, a clear and I thought impressive winner and you had more style than the winners of lo scudetto itself. Not that that is hard! Smiley whatsit (gritted teeth - for Inter not Lodz).

Will worry all summer about Giovinco.

Comment

Thanks Sharon and 6m.

Comment

Yeah, good prognosticatin' Lodz.

And congrats to Inter and Ursus for a well deserved scudetto. Ibrahimovic's very Zlatanic backheel gave them the 4-3 win today over Atalanta in one of the several games that rained goals today. Mourinho looked nonplussed, but it was an impressive come from behind win. And Balotelli has done something to his hair.

Luis Figo also bowed out today; between him and Paolo and Pavel it does feel like the end of an era. (Although I read Nedved won't be retiring yet?)

I was thrilled to see Alessandro Nesta make his return today for a brief spell, if nothing else so that Maldini and he could be seen together one last time. And Gattuso even popped up for Beckham's farewell substitution.

Should be an interesting summer on the never-ending player/coach carousel. . .

Comment

Well, and the headline just now on Soccernet has Ancelotti officially gone from Milan. Onward and upward.

Oh, and Leonardo is the replacement.

Comment

Bruno wrote:
                  Luis Figo also bowed out today;
                  And perhaps, finally, unending years of rumors of him coming to the New England Revolution will either come to pass or die their natural death. Finally.

Comment

Well done Lodzubelieveit and thanks to Ursus for the league. My first season here and its been a steady if unseptactular campaign, always floating around the relegation zone but never really in danger of going down. I'm disgusted with myself to be honest, an Ursus Europa League place is a minimum for next year ...

Comment

Livorno promoted through the play off's

Comment

So, Lucio sold to Inter, Maxwell to Barcelona, Felipe Melo to Juventus in exchange for Marchionni + some loose change, Ibrahimovic looking to stay put, Vieira spurred on to Spurs (?) while Vucinic spurns Spurs, and Luis Fabiano could find his way to Milan.

Comment

Bruno wrote:
                          So, Lucio sold to Inter, Maxwell to Barcelona, Felipe Melo to Juventus in exchange for Marchionni + some loose change, Ibrahimovic looking to stay put, Vieira spurred on to Spurs (?) while Vucinic spurns Spurs, and Luis Fabiano could find his way to Milan.
                          Inter have denied the Lucio deal is done yet but I presume it'll go through in the next day or two considering Bayern have already announced he has left. Also, it looks like Hleb could be going to Inter on loan, not sure if it ties in with the Maxwell deal though.

Comment

Just to follow up that proposed Lucio deal, that will leave Inter with Lucio, Materazzi, Samuel, Cordoba, Chivu, Rivas and Burdisso as their centre-backs, and I would say Mourinho will have to get rid of at least 2 of them. I think he gave Materazzi a new contract so which of the remaining are rumoured to go?

Comment

Rivas and Burdisso, without question.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote:
                                Rivas and Burdisso, without question.
                                Yeah they are two that I would presume most Inter fans would pick to go, but I read last month that Burdisso said Mourinho told him he was happy with him and Burdisso himself has no intention of leaving. Is it possible that Cordoba might be the one to go instead along with Rivas?

Comment

I rather rate Lucio, that's a decent catch, except he's a tad old isn't he?

Comment

Working...
                                  X