Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inappropriate Championship Manager (4)

V WOLVES, 0-3
    Yes, I'll hold my hands up and say, it's not the curtain raiser to the new season we were looking for. We, this football club, we were looking to lay down a marker but if you go one down against a team like Wolves and don't adapt to their attacking formation, you will be punished. This team mustn't be afraid to experiment. It's like, you know, we know, the stresses and strains of this job. So, you're away one night, taking your pleasure with a particular seasoned lady of a certain age whose services you've used in the past, you and the Wayne Rooneys of this world, shall we say. And you've been going at it some time when suddenly she seizes up, turns a shade of blue and, well, to be fair, dies. On the job, like Tommy Cooper, the way she would have wanted. So, you think, well, you've paid your money, so you keep banging away, and then it occurs to you – here's a chance to experiment. So, with every due respect, you turn her over onto her front and, well, there you go. That's what this team has to do. Whether it's a tricky opposition or a dead prostitute, you have to be prepared to do something a little bit different.

V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY, 1-4
    I'll take the positives – it was good for us to register our first goal of the season, even it is was their keeper booting the ball into the back of his own net when he thought he'd heard the final whistle. We kept harrying and that was our reward. But we were impetuous at times today and that's cost us. It's a bit like heroin. You've heard great things about it, so you think, why not give it a go, but on the other hand, it's a class A drug, some people say it has side effects, and that gives pause for thought. So you do the cautious thing, you try it out on your kids first, see how they get along with it. Tell them it's a booster jab or something, you know how they fret at ages eight and ten. And they seem fine, but then there's the comedown, the vomiting, and, after a few weeks, well, they're in a bit of a sorry state, addicted quite honestly, and to be fair we've had to kick them out of the house. So, there you are. Be cautious. Because if I'd been impetuous, the way we were out on that park today, it could have been me getting kicked out of the house. There but for the grace of God, as they say.

V BIRMINGHAM, 0-6
    There's no two ways about it, we took a hiding today, in front of our home fans against a team who, on the day, were the better side. But I can take that, and the booing, and the brickbats. It's like, when I did the voiceover to this new DVD, The World's Wackiest Aviation Disasters, you know, taking a light-hearted look at some of the more memorable plane crashes of recent years, the blunders and the bloopers that led them to coming a cropper in a cornfield or forest. Because we all need a good laugh in times like these. And you end up taking flak for it. Whether it's people that are jealous or because they think football managers should stick to managing, you know, stay in their box, I've no idea. But I've not lost sight of what matters, Plane crashes are funny. Today wasn't.

V WALSALL 0-5 (Carling Cup)
    The lads in that dressing room are upset, I'm upset, the fans, quite rightly are upset. Of course they look for a scapegoat and I happen to be handy. But it's like, take me, the other week. I'm out taking a walk late at night on Hampstead Heath, it's a warm Summer's evening, mostly deserted. And I don't know, perhaps it's the pressure I've been under, perhaps it's that things haven't been going so well in the bedroom lately, but a strange impulse comes over me. So, I sidle up to a hedgerow and before I know it, I've started shooting flaming arrows into the duckpond. Mostly they flap away but I manage to catch a couple unawares, reducing them to cinders. I'd carry on but I'm wrestled to the ground by a pair of nearby homosexuals, which is disappointing. The chairman's been understanding about the whole thing, especially considering it was his name I gave as my own down at the police station, to be fair. But the point is this. I was punished and pilloried for a single moment of madness and that's unjust. However, commit five moments of madness in front of your own goal and it's quite right that you're made to pay. You don't have to be a duck or a homosexual to see that.

Blimey, wingco is actually Ian Holloway! Who'd have thought?

Comment

oh fuck, I think I might be about to be thrown out of the library. i love the ducks section.

Comment

Brilliant.

Comment

You obviously do your research re: Hampstead Heath.

Comment

Did we get a Wingo report for England v the Czech Republic?

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

I've got it open in a tab ready to read when I get a few minutes spare.

Comment

I've just emailed that to a load of people, excellent.

Comment

this is as good a place as any to say i've been playing fm2008 with a patch some dude has made with 1992/93 squads in it.

it's ace.

Comment

dogbeak, you can't just say that without pointing one in the direction of said patch.

Comment

Oh, man, I'd missed this. Thank you all so much for bumping it. ICM is my total hero.

Comment

Same here. Of all of Wingco's stuff, ICM is my absolute favourite.

Comment

I want wingco to replace Jim Magilton.

Comment

dogbeak wrote:
                              this is as good a place as any to say i've been playing fm2008 with a patch some dude has made with 1992/93 squads in it.

it's ace.
                              Woah, woah, woah. Where is this patch? I need it.

Comment

it is here!

coverage is a bit patchy (celtic have got pat bonner and bobo balde), but it's still a laugh.

i can heartily recommend playing as ac milan, just for jollies.

Comment

It wont work for me, which has made me cry a little.

Comment

Phoebe wrote:
                                    I want wingco to replace Jim Magilton.
                                    Harri thinks he has already replaced Paul Jewell, we were watching Sky Sports with the sound down in the pub after the game on Saturday and he is a definite contender.

Comment

EIM wrote:
                                      It wont work for me, which has made me cry a little.
                                      if you haven't already, get the patch up to version 8.0.2 (you should do this anyway because it makes the game slightly less ridiculous). if you've already done this, history must hate you.

you might not like it, anyway - leeds won't sell cantona for 1.5m.

Comment

I can't update it. I have a hooky, downloaded version.

Comment

so's mine.. if you can be arsed, pm us and i'll point you in some correct directions.

Comment

I think I have found a crack and an update. This is exciting.

Comment

I'd swear that Wingco is doing this deliberately. He knows what will make me giggle - in this case laugh out loud - and he goes for it. But you try telling your work colleagues that you're only laughing because one of your mates said he thought he'd best try his heroin out on his kids first. They just won't see the funny side. Miserable cunts.

Comment

Help me, you Saucy Tramp!

I can't get this fucking thing working.

Comment

Sorted it. I'm ace.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X