The Katie Hopkins Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Katie Hopkins Thread

Because not everyone's mind works like Guy's.

Gluttons for punishment may care to know that Ms Hopkins' many previous indiscretions are also discussed on these four threads:

One

Two

Three

Four

The Katie Hopkins Thread

ursus arctos wrote: Because not everyone's mind works like Guy's.

Gluttons for punishment may care to know that Ms Hopkins' many previous indiscretions are also discussed on these four threads:

One

Two

Three

Four
    Very few people's minds work like mine.

A few close friends and members of my family, perhaps.

But as a general rule?

(And that doesn't mean they'll reach the same conclusion as me)

Comment

The Katie Hopkins Thread

I've always thought that self-awareness is a positive trait.

Comment

The Katie Hopkins Thread

ursus arctos wrote: I've always thought that self-awareness is a positive trait.
        It can make you lose sleep at night.

Comment

The Katie Hopkins Thread

This thread might win an award for going the furthest off track inside four posts. I can't imagine a quicker linking of such entirely diverse concepts as Katie Hopkins and self-awareness is actually possible.

Comment

The Katie Hopkins Thread

I don't make it a practice to comment on looks, but I've just learned that dear Katie is [just] 41. Apparently having evil oozing from your pores leaving you looking a tad....weathered.

Comment

The Katie Hopkins Thread

I'd prefer a rope about her to a thread, to be honest.

Comment

The Katie Hopkins Thread

There's nothing 'evil' about (that person). (That person) is merely a professional troll, a mouthpiece to sell papers to people that gorge themselves upon the redundant, box-ticking outrageous-ness that passes for (that person's) opinion - and to draw ire from the rest of us that don't.

Don't fall for it.

Comment

The Katie Hopkins Thread

I agree with JW. Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Crew of anti-migrant boat held in Cyprus over 'people-smuggling'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y_to_clipboard

This is apparently the same group she was with earlier in the week to defend Europe

Comment

She's gone beyond troll. She's a genuinely nasty piece of work who makes a living doing PR for the far right.

Comment

Troutface is speaking at The Groucho Club tomorrow, which I find a bit disappointing. In conversation with Decca Aitkenhead.

Comment

She deleted a load of Tweets linking the Kensington car incident with terrorism and saying London was unsafe to visit.

Comment

This reeks of intellectual vanity (the event, not MsD, obvs); firstly on the part of the audience, who presumably mostly disagree with her moronic views but think they can handle the stuff that fools the proles, and also from the interviewer, who must think that she'll probe or confound Hopkins in some revelatory manner when EIM's description above is really all you need to know.

Comment

The line is that London is dangerous because a certain politician doesn't mind Islamic terrorism. Can you guess which one?

Comment

You'd think that someone who says London is unsafe to visit wouldn't be doing promo-bullshit in London.

Comment

A DJ/musician friend has just complained to the Groucho Club committee in the strongest possible terms, not that it will make much difference - although he draws a big crowd every month or so, so must be adding significantly to their coffers.

Comment

How do they decide on invitations like that?

Has the membership given full authority to a committee (either the overall management committee or an events committee)?

Comment

Not entirely sure, but he tells me he feels reassured that the Guardian journalist will rip her to shreds. I'm still uneasy that she's getting a platform in a (fairly) fashionable venue, which lends a sort of sheen to it. Part of the normalisation of fascism and vile extremists presented as whacky characters.

There's at least one person going who regards Hopkins as a "goddess"; I know because we had a Twitter spat last night.

Comment

I wonder if such person is a member.

If so, the aphorism which gives the club its name would seem particularly apposite.

Comment

No, and I'd guess some people are going just so they can check in on social media (she says, sniffily). The majority of luvvies who form the membership would be quite left-leaning. Lily Allen is a member - actually, I'm not sure she knows as she would probably have something to say.

Comment

I think if Lily Allen finds out, she may well attempt to deck her.

Comment

She's at a protest at the moment, so won't see until after the event. I seem to remember Hopkins being vile to her about losing a baby.

Comment

People such as Hopkins cannot be engaged in a rational and reasonable debate and therefore should be boycotted and the oxygen of publicity that they thrive on be withdrawn.

MsD, do you have a link to that by any chance?

Comment

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-m...ts-34196921914

Comment

Working...
                                                  X