X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No flipping way! Garry Shandling Dead

2016 just keeps getting worse.

Jesus, they could have picked a better picture.

Comment

Dreadful....loved IGSS.

Comment

He'd been a bit weird and abrasive in later years, and his crossing the picket line at the Comedy Store will be a black mark on his legacy for many, but It's Garry Shandling's Show brought postmodern/self-referential comedy to the masses and was very influential on Seinfeld and other 1990s comedy. And of course, The Larry Sanders Show is one of the best things ever done on TV.

Comment

Jesus christ, only the other day he was tweeting about how great the new Sacha Baron Cohen comedy was. I seriously considered unfollowing him for that.

Comment

He looks like an ageing Samir Nasri in that picture.

Comment

RIP, Larry/Garry S.

I think I'm done with this f*cking year.

Comment

One of the last things he did http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/garry-shandling-its-great-that-garry-shandling-is-still-alive

Comment

What a miserable year 2016 has been. The Larry Sanders Show is genius.

Comment

ad hoc wrote: One of the last things he did http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/garry-shandling-its-great-that-garry-shandling-is-still-alive
                    I remember being dimly aware of the Larry sanders show when it was being stuffed into the late night slot on RTE, but I didn't ever really watch it because in hindsight, it seemed to be something that you had to watch over a period of time to appreciate. (it didn't have any discernible jokes)

but I don't get the humour in that coffee programme at all. It's clear that they like each other, and are having a good time, but they're really not funny. The only funny thing they say in the whole programme is the bit they're both agreed is not funny about the suicide note.

Is it because jerry seinfeld is the death of comedy, or is there just something I'm missing. This is the set on the johnny carson show he's talking about btw I have to admit that it does absolutely nothing for me.

is this basically what happened to jewish american humour after jews became 'white' in america?

Comment

Working...
                    X