Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's an honour just to be denominated ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That seven dollar bill is fantastic.

Comment

It really is.

They are going for USD 6.50 on EBay. Face value is USD 3.35

Comment

"Hey, remember how we had to stop making EUR 500 notes because they were only used by criminals? Let's make some more ridiculously high denomination notes!"

Comment

Italians breathe a sigh of relief

Comment

Canada's new $10 bill is out today, featuring our Rosa Parks, Viola Demond. Viola was arrested for sitting in the whites-only section of a movie theatre in Nova Scotia in 1946.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...ster-1.4909271

Comment

Not fucking likely.

Comment

If she's portrayed with horns and a trident I suspect more people might be willing to consider it.

Comment

India's central bank chief is out. Not a good sign.

Comment

Modi’s got elections to win. An independent central bank isn’t going to help with that.

Comment

A German coin manufacturer has commemorated the country’s love of currywurst with a speciality coin to mark 70 years since the savoury snack was first sold in Berlin.

Comment

There was a link to the story on Mundane Thread II by delicatemoth. It's certainly something to behold, Ted Bates lovingly gazing at two freshy-laid turds.

You should have started a new thread with the title "Shitcoin," although it probably would have been banned
                        Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 15-01-2019, 11:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                          Ted Bates lovingly gazing at two freshy-laid turds.
                          I'd have said Olive from On The Buses.

Comment

Actually it's not exactly unlike Juergan Klopp.

Comment

Can I just say that I am always delighted when this thread is resurrected because it's such a brilliant title All hail tee rex

Comment

Yes. Among all the great thread titles on OTF this is right up at the very top.

Comment

I had a £50 note out of a cash machine this afternoon. I have never, ever had a £50 note out of a cash machine. In fact I've never, ever had a £50 note.

I wonder if they are becoming respectable again. Though, given that people are using cash less and less, it would seem odd if they are starting to put them in cash machines. Anyway, I didn't have it for long and took it straight to the counter to change it into something else.

Comment

Most businesses here have signs up saying they won't accept $50 or $100 bills due to the volume of counterfeit ones. Most of them actually accept them if you simply thrust one at them and look like you're not prepared to have a big discussion about it.

Comment

That's what it was like here (the first bit), but I haven't seen such a notice for ages. On the other hand, I've not seen anyone trying to use a £50 note for ages either.

Comment

I thought this thread revival was going to be about this

Comment

Someone gave me one a few months ago: I think it must have been a friend reimbursing me for tickets. But it was very unusual to have one so I got rid of it sharpish, in M & S, which seemed to necessitate the store manager's permission to accept it and a bunch of quick forgery tests!

Comment

Incidentally, who uses cash these days and where? About the only people who require it from me are my barbers and the window cleaner. Oh, and charity collectors, who I never have any change for these days.

Comment

I prefer to buy my beer with cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                                I prefer to buy my beer with cash.
                                                Exactly. And for smaller items such as in the corner shop. I'd rarely use a card for anything less than £20.

Comment

It's quite normal to use 50 euro notes in Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                                    Exactly. And for smaller items such as in the corner shop. I'd rarely use a card for anything less than £20.

It's much quicker to pay in a pub with cards, I find, and I'm quite happy to put extremely small payments on my card, sometimes less than £1.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X