So. Prestbury Park, then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So. Prestbury Park, then

longeared wrote: What a great win by Sprinter Sacre.
    Between third from home and the last, that was a scintillating burst from Sprinter Sacre. Breathtaking.

Hats off to Mullins, who's gone up in my estimation after his quote after Un De Sceaux's defeat: "I'd have loved to win, but it's a winner for racing". Fair play that.

Comment

So. Prestbury Park, then

I was there yesterday with Mrs D, celebrating our wedding anniversary.
      Colder than forecast (perhaps I should have wrapped up a bit more), and very very crowded, but still an amazing spectacle.
      Will have to fork out more next year for a better position where we can actually see more of the track, and where Mrs D can see some of the track rather than backs of heads.
      Made a wise decision to duck out early and get a relatively uncrowded, not too drunken train back to our Birmingham base, other festival goers at our hotel didn't get back until 10pm. They got a taxi from Brum to the course today.

No bloody luck with the horses other than a couple of each way bits and pieces. Not a Mullins fan, so spent a lot of yesterday cursing under my breath at people celebrating an easy victory for a favourite as if they'd pulled off some sort of betting coup.

Advice if you go - get there early, avoid the Guinness Village, wrap up warm, and if you're a drinker, get drunk beforehand. £9.40 for her miniature bottle of wine and my diet coke.

Comment

So. Prestbury Park, then

Couldn't watch the racing til I got home this evening, but so glad I'd recorded it as that win for Sprinter Sacre was something really exceptional, a truly special sporting moment.

Comment

So. Prestbury Park, then

Agreed, trying in my mind to come up with a footballing equivalent. Ronaldo at the 2002 World Cup is similar, but he'd not actually won the trophy before.

Comment

So. Prestbury Park, then

So. Tomorrow. If you can get the odds.

e/w on Smad Place.

Comment

So. Prestbury Park, then

It's wide open.

It's tempting to jump on the Walsh/Mullins bandwagon, especially as it's alleged that Djakadam was the horse making the brilliant Vautour look so ordinary in training. However Djakadam has fallen the last two times around Cheltenham.

I'll stick with my boy Bryan Cooper, who finally got me some money back from the bookies today on Empire Of Dirt.
              Don Cossack to win, Cue Card close behind.

Comment

So. Prestbury Park, then

Had Vautour, Thistlecrack and Cause of Causes today, so that's given me a nice little float for tomorrow. Will have to have a few bob on Cue Card, cos I'd love to see him win it and would kick myself if I hadn't.

Comment

So. Prestbury Park, then

Anyone but Ricci.

Hearts says Cue Card but head says Don Cossack. Can't wait.

Comment

So. Prestbury Park, then

Another successful day yesterday.

None of my selections won, but then, as I'd not backed any of them I've come out ahead!

Comment

Working...
                    X