• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The novelty still hasn't worn off

It's still going

Comment

Ordinary things with digital display, so you can see "Boobs" on them.

Recently purchased bathroom scales and a thermometer. I don't trust either of them. It's just a number, it could be telling me any lies it wants. Can't see the mercury or feel the groan under my weight.

Comment

Bubble wrap. Bursty, poppy hours of fun.

And yes, £2 coins do work a strange magic on me.

Comment

tee rex wrote: Ordinary things with digital display, so you can see "Boobs" on them.
          60436034 is pretty good on a calculator as well. Turn it upside down - "hEDgEhOg"!

Comment

All those millions of people steering lumps of metal, glass and plastic around the world, and simply through their powers of observation, motor skills (sorry) and following a fairly complex set of rules, not crashing into each other. Most of the time.

In a related vein, when I was little and my Dad could drive all the way from a street in Maidenhead to a holiday village in Cornwall, and not look at a map.

Comment

Sits wrote: In a related vein, when I was little and my Dad could drive all the way from a street in Maidenhead to a holiday village in Cornwall, and not look at a map.
              If I could drive, I could do that. It would probably take me three days and I'd end up going via the Midlands, Wales and possibly the Fishguard-Rosslare ferry, but I'd still get there eventually.

Comment

These were times when folk generally had the same holiday every year though, no?

Comment

We did indeed, and I could do it myself now easily. Mind you the A33 between Reading and the M3 can be a bit tricky.

I used to drive from Maidenhead to a farmhouse in the Dordogne* just by looking for the name of the next town. But we did go there three years in a row.

*one simply had to go to the Dordogne darling

Comment

I can't believe this thread is nearly 2 days old and no-one, but no-one has said "wanking."

Comment

Trois Fois Un Rouge wrote:
                      Originally posted by tee rex
                      Ordinary things with digital display, so you can see "Boobs" on them.
                      60436034 is pretty good on a calculator as well. Turn it upside down - "hEDgEhOg"!
                      Not forgetting The Hollies "5317704" album.

Comment

During one last-week-of-term "fun" school activity, we actually had a challenge as to who could make the most words on a calculator.

I lost by one after my 0.804=HOBO and 0.08=BOO were disallowed for using decimal points.

The prize for the winner was an hour playing Lemmings on the school's brand spanking new Acorn Archimedes. Mrs Fletcher, you utter utter bastard.

Comment

Not having to do any work when I get home in the evening or at the weekend. Supply teaching rules.

Comment

Working...
                          X