• Show
Clear All

FIFA election

Infantino 88
    Salman 85
    Prince Ali 27
    Jerome Champagne 7

Gone to a second round run-off.

FIFA are unreformable if this shower are the best they can come up with. Salman is a deeply unsavoury character and Infantino has "insider" written through him like a stick of rock.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/25/sheikh-salman-fifa-election-football-reform

FIFA election

Crap! I forgot this was today.

I want them to give it to the bloke who's completely bald. He looks friendly but sinister.

Comment

FIFA election

Oh, just googled him (Infantino) - he hosts a lot of the draws, doesn't he?

Comment

FIFA election

It's unseemly they do this in public. It should be like electing a pope. Every hour or so, Zinedine Zidane should come out onto a balcony and kick a football into the expectant crowd. A blue football meaning no decision, a pink one meaning yes we have a new leader.

Comment

FIFA election

Kevchenko wrote: Oh, just googled him (Infantino) - he hosts a lot of the draws, doesn't he?
          Yeah. I knew I had heard the name, but didn't know it was him until I saw a photo of him. Kind of odd, I always assumed he was just some TV host.

Comment

FIFA election

Infantile Slaphead, Comical Ali, Slippery Salman and Champagne Corporatist. At least Tokyo Sexwale would have livened it up a bit.

For some reason, the BBC interviewed Irish FA Chief Goon 'Horror Show' Nelson as an informed expert. He shouldn't have been trusted with handing over the hospitality tickets.

Comment

FIFA election

Infantino is the 40-team World Cup advocate.

Salman is a torturer.

Unfortunately that means that, by default, the least evil is the 40 team World Cup.

OTOH I think the best future for world football is that FIFA dies and the World Cup is totally revamped from scratch, which could mean a new competition. I know that brings dangers but I honestly can't see how football can be credible if Salman or Infantino is running a World Cup.

Comment

FIFA election

Infantino wins.

Comment

FIFA election

At least the Thunderbirds will be happy that The Hood has directed his energies into other projects.

Comment

FIFA election

Hurrah for the non-torturing candidate!

That is to say, presumably non-torturing. I concede it's possible he enjoys water boarding a national association delegate on occasion, and who could blame him?

Comment

FIFA election

At least the Thunderbirds will be happy that The Hood has directed his energies into other projects.

Ahh, I was wondering who (if a fictional TV puppet villain could be classed as 'who') he reminded me of. Ta. Of Infantino himself? A colossal trifle of an organisation that could corrupt planets if its reach exceeded any limit imaginable? Good luck, as they say, with that.

Comment

FIFA election

Satchmo Distel wrote: Infantino is the 40-team World Cup advocate.
                        And now he's the 48-team World Cup advocate...

Comment

FIFA election

See how inclusive he is?

Comment

FIFA election

I saw Mark McGhee talking this up earlier.

I'm not sure whether Scotland would still fail to qualify no matter how large the numbers or whether they'll travel to Australia to get knocked out in the preliminary round by some tiny country that doesn't exist yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X