Things We Find Irritating About the New World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're post numbers, but it's for the whole board, so there's gaps in each thread.

Comment

They've got a team of mental hygienists airbrushing all the unpleasantness out of the archive, removing all the internecine squabbling and disparaging references to the MAMMOTH FOUR before they reopen it as a theme park of footballing memories.

Mark my words, just you mark my words.

Comment

At least the post numbers give us a reference point, now that the date and time options have vanished, so that's not a negative.

What I'd really like to know is if there are any plans to act on these comments to make it a more user-friendly experience? Maybe one of the admins could clarify?

Comment

it annoys me that every post seems to start with "Minutes ago..."

also the constant repetition of the thread title - "Re: Things We Find Irritating About The New World" - is irritating.

Comment

Does anyone else find navigating about to be agonizingly slow?

Comment

You can't get halfway through a reply in the Quick Reply box and then decide you want to use all them fancy buttons and switch straight to full reply while keeping the text you've already written.

Does that make any sense at all?

Comment

But 40% is really a chat board
                You're quite right. I quite like 40% but even like this OTF is better laid out.

Comment

I'm irritated by so many things here. The lack of a gap between the "quick reply" box and the message above. The impossibility of knowing what I've read and what I've not. All the clutter. The stupid "ago" thing. The stupid thread title above every single bloody message. The fact it's horribly slow. The thread view is even uglier than the rest of it. It's full of clutter and pointless page furniture. The serif font. All the guff aorund the poster's name.

It's a complete shambles. It's like watching a team managed by Bryan Robson.

Comment

- it's horribly slow
                    - the "ago" thing is annoying
                    - the mandatory and repeated subject lines are irritating
                    - the clock seems to be an hour out (for me, at least)
                    - the icons are too cluttered
                    - my flat mode preference doesn't seem to work

Moan over.

Comment

It's unlike the last board - in other words, it just looks like anyone else's 'blog'-like design. A touch generic.

Ago.

Comment

- the clock seems to be an hour out (for me, at least)
                        I was just about to post about this. Bleeding thing gave me a split second's hope that it was time for me to go home.

Comment

It has kind of jettisoned everything that made using OTF appealing in the first place.

Comment

ago
                            ago
                            ago
                            ago

I clicked on the link to "World", went upstairs and washed my hair, dried it, popped out to the shop for a pint of milk, stopped to play with a cat on the way back, came in, made a cup of tea, sat down, and the page was still loading.

The actual messages feel so small compared to all the other stuff on the page, it's like one of those matte effects from an old science fiction show, where you see a huge model spacecraft with tiny real-life people walking around in one of the windows.

There only seem to be about six words on each page.

Pictures and adverts don't bother me especially, but I'm not keen on the idea that no one can post at work anymore. The idea of having to get a proper job is depressing enough as it is, without that.

Old OTF has been airbrushed out of history already, like Trotsky, or the Melody Maker.

Serifs.

Ugly little icons.

Bunch of posters who will not EMBRACE CHANGE, not even when something that works well changes into something that doesn't, yet. Luddites.

Ahh, couple of months and we'll all be laughing. "To think - we were clinging on to that buggy old board that looked like it was from 1997, with the broken clock." I hope.

EDIT: Now that I've increased the text size, the message telling me my message has been posted overlaps with some other text and looks terrible.

And the "last edit" box is bloody enormous. And we can't delete posts, so prepare for a storm of posts saying "Never mind" or "Deleted" or "dfihpoihio;haf;ofh".

New Labour? Bring back Old Labour, that's what I say.

Comment

There doesn't seem to be any way to get straight back to the forum you're on from the bottom of a thread. You either have to go to the OTF intro page or scroll up to the top.

Comment

BUT, let's be clear, good on everyone involved for investing so much time in making OTF Web 2.0 complaint.

Comment

I presume the hour is in anticipation of the clocks going forward this weekend.

Comment

I'm a little disappointed that no one will know about my enviably low member number.

Comment

Their wines are too fruity.

Comment

The "Show most recent message" button next to each thread on the forum page doesn't seem to work. It takes you to the last page of the thread, but not the last post.

Comment

Where is the clock? I don't see it.

Comment

The only thing that really bothers me at the moment is the speed. Hopefully that will improve.

Comment

Ginger Yellow wrote:
                                              There doesn't seem to be any way to get straight back to the forum you're on from the bottom of a thread. You either have to go to the OTF intro page or scroll up to the top.
                                              That "Board Categories" tab does it for me, at least.

Quote function works, I see.

EDIT: Works, but looks horrific.

Comment

Board categories doesn't include the forum you're in, though. Not for me.

Comment

Taylor wrote:
                                                  That "Board Categories" tab does it for me, at least.
                                                  Actually, no it doesn't. It only takes you to other forums, not the one you're reading currently. Very useful.

Hmm, hope no one takes this stuff personally. We love you really. But no sex until you fix these niggles.

Comment

Oh, no. There's a ranking of the most popular posters. You know what that means.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X