Things We Find Irritating About the New World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah looking at 'threaded view' that seems to be right. Hmm.

Comment

What's the advantage of the PDF feature under "Forum Tools"?

Comment

I see posts don't have dates or times on them any more, only "x minutes ago". That could end up being a problem.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, because this is a free service, but there are aspects of this new board that seriously suck.

Comment

I was wondering about saving my PMs from before. I suppose I could just cut and paste them.

Comment

It's like OTF has been moved onto a PDA.

Comment

It appears that the edit post button doesn't have a delete post option.

Comment

What Heironymus said, with the added gripe that the new board's server keeps logging me out without my asking it to.

Comment

It also appears that if one enters a thread from the Active Topics view, one is always taken to the first page of the thread, which is a serious shortcoming with respect to multi-page threads (like this one).

Comment

I know this has been mentioned, but there's so much clutter around the user name, especially shorter user names, that you have to look twice to see who posted.
                    I would get rid of (User), make people's post count smaller, or not bold, and move all the little icons to the bottom.

Comment

I remember when all of this was corn fields.

Comment

The formatting on the "x minutes ago" is really poor, too. Always goes over onto another line and makes everything look ugly.

Also, is it just me, or is this board noticeably slower than the old one in terms of loading pages?

Comment

Far, far too cluttered. Too much WSC branding for my taste, and a flashing bet365 advert for heaven's sake, which isn't exactly what the doctor ordered for those of us who log on a lot at work.

Comment

Has anyone said cunt yet? If not, I'd like to claim firstsies. And I don't even like the word.

Comment

It's slow, it's quite ugly and I'm a fuck of a lot less likely to get away with wasting entire work days on here.

Sadly enough, I'm currently looking at the "Topic History of:" box underneath this, and it looks like my dream message board, all plain text and grey. Mmm.

I'd probably flounce if I'd been around here enough to pull off a real top quality flounce. As it is, I probably just won't bother so much.

Comment

Not just loading pages, but I there seems to be a bit of lag time waiting to see a post go up.

Comment

Toro, probably.

Comment

Where's Forum 8?

Comment

Hmmm, I'm not sure about this. Not sure about it at all.......

Comment

reedjohnmiller wrote:
                                        I remember when all of this was corn fields.
                                        I notice Reed has made his username really complicated.

Comment

Not to be alarmist, but has anyone been able to get to the old forum in the last hour or so?

I'm now getting a standard Plesk domain not configured/not registered default page for anything at onetouchfootball.com.

Comment

The character limits on your profile info are too small as well. I barely fitted in my life-changing book and can't fit my weblink in at all. Both of the above are unusually long, but still.

Comment

ursus: same here. So much for the gradual migration to the new board.

Comment

I imagine the plan is to shift the archive onto this domain, but who knows?

Personally I'd have had a word with the 40% chaps and asked to borrow their lovely, clean super-fast message board code, but one mustn't complain too much. As others have said, this is after all a free service, and as sluggish, ugly and cluttered as this is, the new facilities like RSS feeds will be really handy in the future.

Comment

[to ursus]
                                                  Nah, the old board seems to be down. I'd imagine that will result in 'the masses' not showing up here for quite some time.

No more member numbers, right? Or am I looking in the wrong spot?
                                                  And what's the number on the right hand side represent? There are big gaps between some of them.

Comment

But 40% is really a chat board.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X