Viola Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viola Beach

You could bundle those with one for available spaces in downtown parking garages and make hundreds.

Comment

Viola Beach

Hundreds, eh?

I've got a lot on the go this week.

Comment

Viola Beach

You should put all of your spare time into the CostCo parking/samples app

Comment

Viola Beach

CostCo parking strategy app. $0.99. Sourced from two skilled parkers in California and Toronto, with tips what not to do from their experiences as a passenger.

Comment

Viola Beach

You add real time sample data (with GPS tracking) and you can at least triple the price.

Comment

Viola Beach

Add my voice to those horrified by the original story although I'd never heard of the band. Poor guys.

Fussbudget wrote: Ooh, so our bridge is a rare bird. How cool.

Middlesbrough's two main bridges are actually a lift bridge and a transporter bridge, though you'll note that I didn't choose either of them as examples of those types of bridges in my post on the first page, in an attempt to become less parochial about these things. That didn't last long.
              Do you realise the transporter bridge is also incredibly rare? There are only thirteen surviving ones in the world, out of a total of only 26 that were ever built.

The reason I know this is that of the seven ever built outside Europe, four were built right here in Buenos Aires (and two of those are still standing).

Comment

Viola Beach

Oh gosh yes I know transporters are rare, that's why we go on about ours all the bloody time (also because we don't have too many other landmarks around here I guess.)

Comment

Viola Beach

ursus arctos wrote: You add real time sample data (with GPS tracking) and you can at least triple the price.
                  There's an in-app purchase to help you determine whether abandoning the cart in the parking lot is the done thing, or whether you're expected to walk it back to the return corral.

Tip: the answer is temperature-dependent.

Comment

Viola Beach

You could do in-app promotion for your CostCo Advisor app, where the 'Bros' (You and Inca) and user ratings determine whether the item is a buy based on price, quality, taste and ability to use as a golf club on Treibeis' crazy golf course.

This all said, I think I might have to become a CostCo member pretty fast if I buy a house.

Comment

Viola Beach

We did when we bought a house because they used to do paint. Then they suddenly stopped and we fell away for a few years until we had kids and started needing to buy 12 pounds of nutmeg.

I could see Costco Bros running an easy three seasons on HGTV.

Comment

Viola Beach

Going back upthread - the right turn on red being permitted outside of major cities is vital in a country that comes out in hives about the idea of a roundabout. No one has enough time for dealing with all the four-way stop signs and traffic lights.

Comment

Viola Beach

Deliberate?

Swedish police investigating the death of four members of the British indie band Viola Beach and their manager after their car plunged off a bridge into a canal are looking into the possibility that the crash was deliberate, according to a Swedish newspaper report.

Comment

Viola Beach

It always sounded deliberate. The non-deliberate bit was finding a huge hole where the road wasn't...

Comment

Viola Beach

Whatever people feel about Coldplay I thought it was a nice tribute to the band to include them in their set at Glastonbury last night.

Comment

Viola Beach

Apologies, only just realised there is a Glastonbury thread in Football.

Comment

Viola Beach

Tramp The Dirt Down wrote: Apologies, only just realised there is a Glastonbury thread in Football.
                                  Is that thread still in Football? The admins might just refuse to move it purely to annoy Toby Gymshorts.

Comment

Viola Beach

Tramp The Dirt Down wrote: Whatever people feel about Coldplay I thought it was a nice tribute to the band to include them in their set at Glastonbury last night.
                                    It was, but - at the risk of sounding cold and unfeeling - Chris Martin especially is always so damned 'nice' about everyone that it's hard to gauge the sincerity of these gestures.

But, on the other hand, he did it - which is more than anybody else did.

Comment

Viola Beach

Album out this week. Heard the brother of one of the band on Radio 5 talking about it. Single just played in XFM. I liked the chorus but the rest of the song wasn't anything special.

Comment

Viola Beach

So they're still playing the single on Radio X.

Is it wrong that when I hear it I can't shake the feeling that if the band hadn't tragically died the way they did they may have found it quite a bit harder to get airplay? It's OK, but it's nothing really that special.

Also lyrically, the song is about how a girl said she liked boys who could sing, so the singer learned how to sing. So basically this girl is the reason he got into a band. Does that make her kind of responsible for his death? If that's a real girl he's singing about that's kind of harsh for her to be reminded of that.

Comment

Viola Beach

The album has been at number one on the back of the tragedy - I think that that was a fitting epitaph - but the single doesn't really need playlisting, does it? I mean, it's not as though the band needs the exposure.

Agree that events have obviously enhanced what is pleasingly competent but fairly ordinary indie-pop.

Comment

Working...
                                          X