Allocated to the wrong decade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those CD boxsets of (insert decade here) hits...

Browsing my brother's collection recently and noting that he had a stupidly large amount of these compilations, I perused the track listings on the back of the cases and noticed that one of the 80s ones was a bit odd.

It had three songs released in 1979 (Cars, Video Killed The Radio Star and Quiet Life) and two from 1990 (The King Of Wishful Thinking and The Power). Most egregiously of all however was The Crunch by The RAH Band - 1977!

Any worse examples (not including rereleases in the relevant 10 year period - another 80s one had all the Levi's commercial ones on it)?

Well the obvious US best 80's album being 1979's London Calling!

Comment

Somewhere in my loft there's a Dutch sixties compilation- Remember The Sixties or something like that- which for no apparent reason includes 'Keep In Touch' by Freeez. In my quest for journalistic rigour I've checked Wikipedia: it was released in 1980, and reached #49 in the UK. From my vague memory of hearing it on the album, I'm surprised it got that high.

Comment

Squarewheelbike wrote: Well the obvious US best 80's album being 1979's London Calling!
        That can be allowed since both the album and its titular single didn't come out in the US until 1980.

But these things are always full of anomalies, aren't they? It's a question of what can be cleared, usually.

If you buy 'em, you get what you deserve, IMO...

Comment

Working...
        X