Out of place musicians.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of place musicians.

Cheap Trick take some beating. They looked like a 1970s Austrian synth duo and a pair of soft rock gods trapped in a lift together.

Comment

Out of place musicians.

I totally get the obvious 'beard' thang with Hook, but his deliberately pseudo-macho pose and bass-swing was an integral part of their act/look, IMO. To the extent that they look at odds without him - but that's another argument.

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
      Originally posted by Jah Womble
      I seem to recall that Craig Logan (ie, 'Ken' from Bros) enquired about a position within the J&MC back in the day. Which, had it happened, would've won this hands down.
      Hmm … [citation needed]
      Anyway, back with this... I definitely recall reading about Logan's J&MC enquiry in the NME (who predictably derided it), but the nearest I can find after a brief web search is this lengthy article, which - if you can be bothered wading through it - links him with The Primitives at much the same time:

http://www.crashsite.org/article5.htm

The guy was both looking for work and looking to 'up his cool', basically...

Comment

Out of place musicians.

Jah Womble wrote: I totally get the obvious 'beard' thang with Hook, but his deliberately pseudo-macho pose and bass-swing was an integral part of their act/look, IMO. To the extent that they look at odds without him - but that's another argument.
        I think that that is the subjective perspective of those of us who have got used to Hook being the New Order bass player but, objectively, he looks like a cross between Hetfield and Dee Dee Ramone in style and demeanour while the other three are as anti-rock as they come.

Comment

Out of place musicians.

Aye, he clearly 'worked' that image post-Joy Division.

Comment

Out of place musicians.

The new 'guitar hero' bloke in Wire:

-

-

He can play as required, but somehow he's just a distraction.

Comment

Out of place musicians.

Jah Womble wrote: Aye, he clearly 'worked' that image post-Joy Division.
              ...and, post New Order, even more so from what I have seen.

Comment

Out of place musicians.

I thought the dude from The Corrs would win this.

Comment

Out of place musicians.

multipleman78 wrote: I thought the dude from The Corrs would win this.
                  That reminds me about Pete Gofton from Kenickie.

Comment

Out of place musicians.

Stumpy Pepys wrote: Thunderclap Newman

None of those people look like they belong in a band.

Comment

Out of place musicians.

Hold on, that's Pete Townsend in the middle.

Comment

Out of place musicians.

Sean of the Shed wrote: None of those people look like they belong in a band.
                        I always thought that about Yeah Yeah Noh, although I think that was intentional. Either that or they were doing the "Let's look like The Famous Five" thing that MsD mentioned on another thread a while back.

Comment

Out of place musicians.

multipleman78 wrote: I thought the dude from The Corrs would win this.
                          I hadn't been to jimcorr.com for some time. and I'm disappointed to discover it's now a site that befits a musician.

It used to be devoted to his batshit conspiracy theories.

Comment

Out of place musicians.

Syd Barrett eventually became out of place in Pink Floyd (whereas Dave Gilmour might have initially felt out of place).

Sid Vicious became out of place in The Pistols, but Viv Albertine's book surprised me regarding how seriously he took his pre-Pistols band efforts.

Two-thirds of the Jimi Hendrix Experience are arguably out of place

Comment

Out of place musicians.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience sounds like it should be a tribute band, therefore I'd suggest that Jimi himself is the one that seems out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                Hold on, that's Pete Townsend in the middle.
                                No, it's Pete Townshend.

Comment

Kudos to Kevin. That's why I love this place.

Only on OTF could someone drag up a post from nearly three years ago to correct a spelling by one letter.

Comment

Alan Clarke in The Hollies. The way he's staring at the camera here looks like he's about to start a fight with you.

Comment

Pete Best held on to his Tony Curtis 'do, while the rest of the band were growing their Beatle hairstyles.

Comment

Lee Thompson with Madness always looked like one of the band's uncle who they discovered could play the saxophone.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Child Ballads View Post
                                          Alan Clarke in The Hollies. The way he's staring at the camera here looks like he's about to start a fight with you.
                                          Allan Clarke

Well, at least I only waited three hours.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                            Lee Thompson with Madness always looked like one of the band's uncle who they discovered could play the saxophone.
                                            Saxa was a good 25 years older than his bandmates in The Beat.

Comment

Rammstein's Christian "Flake" Lorenz wearing one of WOM's T-shirts:

Comment

If that photo is anything to go by, Rammstein as a whole may be best viewed from the distances afforded by the capacious venues that they play.

Comment

Reassuring to know that, two years apart, I named the same person on both threads.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                                    Rammstein's Christian "Flake" Lorenz wearing one of WOM's T-shirts:
                                                    And not looking entirely unlike me, all around.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X