International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tie! Goddamn.

Kohli passes 10,000 along the way, and considering how damn good he's been for so long, I was surprised to see just how far he still is behind Sachin – he probably needs to put another seven or eight solid years in. I guess the sheer timespan of Sachin's career will be almost impossible to repeat.

Comment

Fine test win for Zimbabwe in Bangladesh.

Comment

Kohli can probably surpass Sachin in ODI centuries: he is on 38 to Sachin's 49. In addition to Sachin's timespan, India seem to play fewer ODIs in this era due to T20. Kohli's average is way ahead of Sachin or Viv but in an era much friendlier to batsmen.

Comment

Bangladesh storm back to win the second test, despite Brendon Taylor scoring a century in both innings.

Really good test between Pakistan and NZ in the Emirates.

Comment

NZ are going the opposite route to England to batting in Asia eking out the runs - 11 in the last 10 overs.

Comment

Christ, quite the finish in Abu Dhabi...

Comment

Come on Azhar Ali!

Comment

Keeps the strike. Fabulous. He needs six more, final wicket.

Comment

Took the single on the fifth ball this time. Abbas has to see one away.

Comment

Which he does.

Comment

(Sorry, I'm basically just copying out commentary here. I haven't found a stream yet. But it reads like an epic.)

Comment

reviewed lbw

Comment

out. Bollocks

Comment

Ah bugger.

Comment

I think 5 wickets on debut for an away side to win a test in Asia is a pretty good story.

Comment

Especially the back story for that match-winning bowler.

The nature of modern sport, with academies and development tours and "10 to watch" articles, makes it all the more refreshing when an old guy gets his chance and cashes in.
                                  Last edited by tee rex; 20-11-2018, 00:06.

Comment

I hadn't noticed, but NZ's winning margin of 4 runs has never happened in a Test before. It was the only missing number from 1 to 7.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                      Especially the back story for that match-winning bowler.

The nature of modern sport, with academies and development tours and "10 to watch" articles, makes it all the more refreshing when an old guy gets his chance and cashes in.
                                      Wow, that's fantastic. Wonder if he fancies some County Championship action next year?

Comment

Not relevant to anything on the thread at the moment but I went down one of those internet rabbit holes where I wanted to know about the populations of various island nations of Oceania in case any of them should happen to qualify for the Women's World Cup. I started wondering what levels of cricket are played by them, and found that the ICC has opened up official T20I status as of next year.

From 1 January 2019, any T20 match between any two ICC members (not just full members, but all 104 full and associate members - affiliate member is no longer a separate category) will be classified as a T20I. So that really opens up T20 as the most accessible form of the sport for countries not at the top table. Cook Islands v Samoa, for example, would be a T20I next year.

And - if we're honest - we'd all want to watch that match, too.
                                        Last edited by Kevin S; 21-11-2018, 12:00.

Comment

So this means the T20I rankings will become global as of May for men's teams. It's already in effect for women's teams:

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings...-rankings/t20i

Comment

Mentioned this on the England in Sri Lanka thread, but it should really be here. Yasir Shah took 8/41 in NZ's first innings total of 90 (they were at one stage 50/0). NZ have been forced to follow on 328 runs behind. Shah has already added another wicket to his haul and NZ are 14/1 in their second innings.

Comment

The scores for the batsmen from 4-11

https://twitter.com/ESPNcricinfo/status/1067005197631684608

Comment

Making a much better fist of the second innings but surely the damage is done.

Comment

Well now. 222-4 in the second innings. Pakistan surely won't fancy chasing 150 after the last test, so NZ need to make 480 or 490 to give themselves a chance. Still unlikely but not impossible.

Comment

Watling and Nicholls grinded the score on to 255-4 before Shah got Watling LBW. Grandhomme scored 14 off 13 balls in an innings then missed a hoick at Hasan Ali. Not really what was required. It's a longer tail than NZ normally have, so that might be it, although Nicholls is still in.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X