No announcement yet.

International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England going well in reply, but Hales has just run Joe Root out by a mile.

Comment

Presumably this would be the first victory over the Auld Enemy, if it materialises?

Comment

I don't know. Presumably.

Willey out. Seven wickets down now.

Comment

Looking more possible now with England on 278 for 7 chasing 372 to win.

Six and a crowd catch ...

Comment

You're safe enough runwise, anyway.

Comment

Same old Scotland, regardless of sport or politics.

Comment

And yet ...

Comment

A run out. 10 to win for England, 1 wicket for Scotland and 11 balls left.

Comment

And there is the wicket.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

And Scotland do it!

Comment

Is it ok to gloat a little? We have so few chances at the moment.

Comment

Historic win, I would say. West Indies also chalked up an important win in their mini revival as a Test team.

Comment

Well done Scotland. Magnificent effort. Lets have more of this- the 10 team World Cup can kiss my Saltired backside

Comment

Yeah, very pleased for Scotland.

Comment

Supposedly their first win vs England ever. How long is ever? 300 years?

Comment

They’ve only played five matches against each other, as for many years, Scotland were treated as the equivalent of an English county within the cricket system.

Comment

Excellent win for Scotland and one can only hope that next year's 10 team World Cup is a one off and it returns to a more rational 16 teams.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic stuff from Scotland, so pleased for them and jealous too. Every spineless coward involved in cricket in Wales should be shamed by today.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

They’ve only played five matches against each other, as for many years, Scotland were treated as the equivalent of an English county within the cricket system.
                                          Oh, I see. Still, a milestone win.

Comment

Yes.

The ways in which the commercially powerful cricket countries continue to rig the system in their favour make the North American debates over promotion and relegation seem quaint.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Scotland must have played 20+ other countries before England, including numerous touring sides and the ICC trophy. Shades of Australia ignoring NZ for decades.

Comment

England also used to cherrypick Scottish players and once had a Scottish captain (Mike Denness), plus at least one Welsh captain (Tony Lewis) and an Irish one in ODIs (Morgan)

Comment

Wales of course beat England about 15 years ago (Wales being the Glamorgan team, including their overseas pro, who I think was Jacques Kallis at the time, plus Steffan Jones from Somerset).

You can do a "foreign born England cricketers" quiz here: https://www.sporcle.com/games/quizUK...borncricketers. It's not quite up to date (the last one to be included is Morgan). By a quick count there are only seven Scottish born players who have represented England, though as I say, there may have been some more in the last decade. Wales of course doesn't count as the England cricket team represents England and Wales (I know Harry is grinding his teeth right now).

Comment

What a game that was. Well played, Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X