• Show
Clear All

Zadran with a 6. That surely will do it

Comment

Afghans safe after that over, anyway.

Comment

Shhhhh, don't try the double bluff.

Comment

It's been an exceptional tournament. So many close finishes, and five of the teams got within a few balls of qualifying.

Comment

Woohoo

Comment

Bloody hell! West Indies and Afghanistan are the two teams I wanted to go through from the start but I never thought they both would and in such a manner.

Comment

Great stuff. But very tough on Ireland (and Scotland and Zim).

Comment

Looking forward to watching both of them in the World Cup.

Comment

I see the ICC have decided on a 10-team, everyone plays everyone, first stage for the finals. I think they should stipulate that the top 8 all qualify automatically for 2023. Otherwise, with only the top 4 progressing to semi-finals, there's going to be an awful lot of dead rubbers next summer. Any team that loses 3 of its first 5 games will effectively be out with 4 games to play.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                      Great stuff. But very tough on Ireland (and Scotland and Zim).
                      Yes, commiserations to DR & DG.

Comment

Rogin, yes, that's a good point about the Top 8, although I suspect the ICC won't want to risk India or England finishing 9th. They'd rather have dead rubbers than upset the big future TV markets.

Really any two of the Top 5 could have gone through from this tournament. Credit to Afghanistan for peaking in the Super 6 (beating WI especially) and they are the team I wanted to go through, but this was really decided by flukes, such as the rain and D/L costing Zimbabwe and the lack of DRS costing Scotland. The Irish probably have least complaints because they lost to the top two in uncontroversial games. Clearly their slow scoring cost them today (but credit Afghanistan's tight bowling).

Comment

Enjoyed the tournament despite my dislike of Super 6. Roll on May and Pakistan at Malahide.

Comment

I understand Morkel might retire at the end of this series. He’s brilliant. Why?!

Comment

Retire as in 'rock up at Derbyshire in the summer' retired?

Comment

That’s what I fear

Comment

Australians are crying foul after spectators at Newlands heckled players with sledges about their wives. Well, at least it's not racist taunts (in fairness, Cricket Australia tends to act on that).

Morkel has said that he has copped the same kind of abuse in Australia. Hard to believe, of course, but there it is.

Comment

I really like Morkel too.

South Africa have kept him out of unnecessary first class cricket, so I guess he could go a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                      Enjoyed the tournament despite my dislike of Super 6. Roll on May and Pakistan at Malahide.
                                      I found out who devised the Super Six the other day. It was a marketing bloke at the ECB.

I can't remember his name now.

Comment

Morkel began his first class career with a match for Easterns against the touring West Indians. He took the new ball with older brother Albie, who later played ODI cricket for South Africa, and began by delivering 17 no-balls in a five-over spell costing 54 runs against West Indies' batsmen Chris Gayle, Daren Ganga and Ramnaresh Sarwan.

Did Morne grow up with a poster of Gladstone Small on his wall?

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                          I found out who devised the Super Six the other day. It was a marketing bloke at the ECB.

I can't remember his name now.
                                          Terry Blake.

Comment

Verbals, reverse swing, drops, sixes, suspicions of ball tampering - all going off in Cape Town, where SA are around 180 ahead with just two wickets down.

Comment

Question seems to be: what is in Cameron Bancroft’s underpants?

Comment

Is Aiden Markram’s other half famous then?

Comment

Makram’s played a great hand, but now gone! Australia, with Warner and Smith, very much still in this

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                                    Terry Blake.
                                                    Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X