From the rozzers:

Comment

Brixton?

Comment

Oval.

Comment

That's not in bloody Brixton!

Comment

I do hope the arresting office saw Stokes to the cells in the traditional way :

Comment

Oh sorry.

I apologise for not having "The Knowledge" and details of the minutiae of South London / Lambeth / Camberwell / Harleyford Road and the like.

Oval tube station can't be more than a mile from Brixton, can it?

Comment

He's allegedly emulating Botham off the field as well as on it, although this report features hospitalization and facial injuries, which, IF Stokes caused them, is more serious bother than Botham ever scrapped into.

Chances of Stokes being on the plane to Australia: below 50%? Effect of his absence on the Ashes: huge, I would think. Arguably England's best player this Summer, albeit he has his off days and is only one point from a ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                  Oh sorry.

I apologise for not having "The Knowledge" and details of the minutiae of South London / Lambeth / Camberwell / Harleyford Road and the like.

Oval tube station can't be more than a mile from Brixton, can it?
                  The Oval is about as close to Brixton as it it to the Houses of Parliament but that doesn't mean it's in Westminster either. It's in Kennington.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                    Sad to hear that Australia spinner of the 80s, Bob Holland, has passed away from cancer at the age of 70. He made his test debut at 32. I remember watching him at Edgbaston in the 1985 Ashes where he got a lot of stick stick from the crowd but seemed to enjoy it.
                    I was at that Edgbaston test - pissed down all day except for a gap where Henry Lawson got a 50.

And - er - fuckin' 'ell.
                    Last edited by Vicarious Thrillseeker; 26-09-2017, 13:44.

Comment

'Sake.

Rumours that he may have hurt his hand, also.

If he didn't make the Ashes England have literally no chance.

On the 'brighter' side, Australia would probably promote someone to captain for this

Comment

How come nobody’s started an Ashes thread yet? Isn’t the English squad announced tomorrow (and has been leaked tonight, allegedly).

I’d do it but it would curse the whole thing.
                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 26-09-2017, 21:51.

Comment

I was hoping someone else would, as I've started a ludicrous number of cricket threads (Bangladesh/India, SA, ICCCT, WSL, Windies) recently.

What do we think about a title?

Comment

Some Stokes, Woakes, Foakes jokes?

Comment

"Get John Noakes on the blower"

Comment

Rule changes. Probably they have already been discussed on here, but I didn't notice. http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...t-september-28

Most of them make sense, though I'm sad to see the "handled the ball" dismissal disappear. On tethering the bails so as to reduce injuries to fielders... has that ever happened? Really?

Comment

Yes it has - to Mark Boucher and Paul Downton.
                                  http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/47/10/607

Comment

Blimey. Well I never. Thanks for that VT. Sounds like an important change then.

Comment

The picture of Barry Richards holding those two bats in that article is great.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                        Rule changes. Probably they have already been discussed on here, but I didn't notice. http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...t-september-28

Most of them make sense, though I'm sad to see the "handled the ball" dismissal disappear. On tethering the bails so as to reduce injuries to fielders... has that ever happened? Really?
                                        Yeah. That's a remarkably sensible set from the ICC.

I'm particularly pleased that Umpires Call DRS decisions don't get counted against the reviewing team. It always felt harsh that a reviewing team who were right within the margin of error that they allow umpires would get penalised. But also glad that reviews don't get topped up, so teams stop their relatively frivolous reviews after 78 overs.

It's sad that I now care about the laws around TV umpiring.

Comment

Is the tweak to non-strikers run out rule in this set?

Comment

Is the right thread to moan, in an almost mid-90s style, about the touring party choices?

Comment

No, there's a dedicated Ashes thread. You are allowed to comment on the Pakistan vs Lanka and SA vs Bangladesh tests, and the India vs Australia ODI here.

Comment

We must have some discipline.

The Ashes thread is here: https://www.onetouchfootball.com/sho...-Ashes-2017-18

Comment

Aiden Markram run out for 97 in his first test innings (I think). Ouch.

Comment

Running out openers in the 90's must be the thing of the day as SL's Dimuth Karunaratne is out for 93 on the opening day of the 1st Test against Pakistan.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X