International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love saying Fakhar Zaman.

Lead now 226 with 9 in hand. Let's hope they have enough time to get the job done in this one! (You'd hope so, what with this being day 2...)
    Last edited by Kevin S; 17-10-2018, 11:41.

Comment

Facepalm
      Siddle to Azhar Ali, OUT, Run out! Extraordinary! He edged past gully on the drive, and it ran to the rope and the Pakistan batsmen thought it had gone for four. It stopped just short of the rope. Starc chased it down and threw it back and Azhar and Asad were mid pitch just having a chat. Paine whipped the bails off and Azhar has to go! They clearly thought it had gone for four and stopped running! They didn't run at all. Azhar thought it was four off the bat
      Azhar Ali run out (Starc/†Paine) 64 (141b 4x4 0x6) SR: 45.39

Comment

https://twitter.com/floz_11/status/1052812986325204992
        link to video

https://twitter.com/floz_11/status/1052815846907596801
        link to video

Comment

Pakistan throwing the bat a bit after lunch, presumably presaging an imminent declaration. Currently the lead is 410

Comment

Day 3 - Session 2: Pakistan lead by 460 runs with 5 wickets remaining

Looking in the bag now. Presumably they'll make Australia start sometime in the tricky final session today.

Comment

As they seem to be waiting for Babar Azam to get his maiden test century and he's now in the nervous nineties, they have now slowed to a crawl

Comment

Goes on 99.

Comment

But no declaration surprisingly. over 500 ahead now.

Comment

Yeah - I wonder if they just want to have one really good over to change the mood. Losing someone on 99 has to deflate you a bit, so maybe they want to twat a big six and then say, "Right, now it's your turn."

Comment

Or maybe Sarfraz wants a ton...?

Comment

Maybe there have been a few big bets on the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                          Or maybe Sarfraz wants a ton...?
                          He's out for 81. Nine down now, and the declaration comes.

Australia require 538 to win.

Comment

Finally declared on 400/9, the score they were on when Sarfraz got out 10 balls earlier. Weird. Anyway, Australia simply need 538 to win

Comment

Marsh out in the second over (khawaja is injured so can't bat until at least no. 7)

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                                Maybe there have been a few big bets on the draw.
                                Ignore that, I'm a plum - it's only day 3.

Comment

Australia 151/7 (effectively 8 as Khawaja is not going to bat). A second miraculous escape from defeat seems....less than likely

Comment

155/7 at lunch, which will be long for Friday prayers. But it is apparently drizzling. In Abu Dhabi! In October! What witchcraft is this the Australians are using?

Comment

Pakistan win by 373

Comment

On that freak run out, why didn't the Australians run them both out? Both batsmen were stoid chatting in the middle of the pitch. Can you not do that?

Comment

No, you can't. As soon as there is a dismissal, the ball is dead.

Comment

Australia's 4th heaviest ever 4th innings defeat but their second of this year:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/wi/con...ds/283901.html

They are taking some hammerings. Pakistan would see this one as payback for some hefty hammerings they received in the McGrath/Warne era.

Must also be one of their quickest defeats in overs faced: 100.2 over 2 innings.
                                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 19-10-2018, 13:07.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheRealPCB/status/1054731983874650113

Comment

Awesome

Because of the way letters are pronounced in Hungarian, Tuc gets rendered as "toots", which always cracks me up. The first time my daughter told me she'd like a Toots cracker I found myself both utterly confused and amused in equal measure.

Comment

That takes the biscuit.

Comment

WI have a chance to win the 2nd ODI in India: 254/5 off 37.4 chasing 322

Comment

Working...
                                                    X