No announcement yet.

International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the way Zimbabwe looked when the rain was coming down, I would assume the maths would be against them if it did get rained off.

Comment

D/L target very harsh: 230 in 40. OTOH UAE were going well, 24 off last 2 overs before the rain. But I think it's 10-15 runs too harsh.

Would be fairer in these circumstances for UAE to finish their innings then calculate a total based off UAE actually having batted 50 overs.

Comment

Cricinfo says number of wins is the tiebreaker not NRR so Zimbabwe would suffer due to the tie with Scotland.
        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 22-03-2018, 13:01.

Comment

Zim 70/3 after 18.2 overs, so no excuses for Ireland tomorrow, it would appear.

Comment

Have doubled their tally at the 30 mark.

Comment

5th wicket had added 50 off 36 balls to make them favourites

Comment

Tense - the hosts need 35 from the last four overs.

Comment

24 from 3. Two are to be bowled by Naveed who has been good so far, but never faced any situation like this in his career.

Comment

SA was 220/2. Now 254/7. I reckon that anything near 300 will be useful, and Elgar is still in at 118. But anything near 300 when you were 220/2...

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                      24 from 3. Two are to be bowled by Naveed who has been good so far, but never faced any situation like this in his career.
                      The first was good. 5/1

Comment

258/8. But runs on the board in a low scoring series..

Comment

Zimbabwe need 16 off 7 balls. The D/L fucked them.

Comment

8 needed off 3 balls

Comment

7 off 2 and with Ervine off strike

Comment

6 off the last ball (needed)

Comment

UAE win

Comment

Does that mean that it is as simple as the winner of Afghanistan or Ireland goes through?

Comment

UAE win by four runs, leaving tomorrow's match to decide the 10th World Cup team.

Comment

So Zimbabwe need a tie or a washout.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                          Does that mean that it is as simple as the winner of Afghanistan or Ireland goes through?
                                          Yes, as a win for either puts them on 6 points, and Zimbabwe finish on 5.

Comment

UAE win by 3 runs - chance for Ireland now. Zim will be pretty unhappy with some of their top order batsmen; chasing 240 in 40 overs and have scoring rates under 65 isn't really good enough. Been a good competition this; I'd like to see a World Cup of 4 x 4 groups with the top 2 progressing to the QF's and for each match, an allowance made for a second days play in case the weather intervenes. To me it flies in the face of what the ICC are stating they want to achieve; encouraging a more global game whilst restricting access to the most lucrative tournament. As other world cups expand, seems odd that cricket should contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                              So Zimbabwe need a tie or a washout.
                                              Cricinfo says Zimbabwe's run rate is now below Ireland's, so we would qualify if the game can't be played.

Comment

D/L even gets put into the NRR so Zimbabwe's NRR falls even though today they scored their runs at a higher rate, i.e. UAE are assumed to have scored 229 off 40 rather than 237 off 47.5. Otherwise I think Zimbabwe would have a higher NRR than Ireland and still be in it if Ireland v Afganistan is rained off

Comment

Not looking good for Ireland, only 51 runs after 14 overs.

Comment

Ireland really need to push on now. 74-1 with almost half the innings over. I think they'll need at least 250.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X