Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

445+ would be a new world record.

Comment

If you prepare good batting wickets this is what you get. Personally I think it's boring.

Comment

Well, given that the world record looks likely to be broken, it doesn't happen every time you prepare a good batting wicket. It's exceptionally good hitting (and not a great bowling attack). But I agree that too many games like this would be tedious.

Comment

And it's gone.

Comment

The traditional English batting collapse.

Comment

When was the last time England got close to 480 in a test?

Comment

491 all out in the Melbourne Test.

Comment

Will Morgan enforce the follow-on?

Comment

Haha!

Amazing stuff yesterday.

Comment

When did Australia last fail to get half their opponents' total in a ODI?

Comment

They only made 148, against New Zealand's 307 in 2015/16. And they got less than a third of SA's 289 in 2005/6, being rolled for 93. There may be other more recent ones, I was just looking at a biggest defeats list rather than a proportion one.

Comment

Laura Bates and Sophie Devine smashing South Africa's spinners about.

Comment

It's Susie Bates. Where did I get Laura Bates from?

Comment

Nice set up this at Taunton, about the right size for the crowd, with lots of kids in the crowd enjoying the boundaries. Twenty20 must have been quite boon for the women's game. It's decent stuff too. Just when you think the batters are lacking a bit in power, they smash one over the top. Some good cat and mouse with fielders coming in off the boundary for the catch. In the men's game, you feel that too many miscues carry for 6.

I didn't know Sophie Devine bowled too. Bowls a really good quicker bouncer. Amelia Kerr struggled a bit gripping the wet ball, only managing to pitch 3 out of 6balls on an immaculate length, including a wrong-un.

Comment

England Women could set another record today for a T20 - they’re on 175 with five overs still to go, unbelievable century from Tammy Beaumont

Comment

25 off the antepenultimate over. 224 already on the board and they still have 12 balls to come.

Comment

An even 250 - outscoring the men yesterday, rate-wise, then.

Comment

I can see what they are trying with the double headers, but it's pretty tough on the SA bowlers to get flogged by NZ in the afternoon, and then have to come out and bowl at a fresh England team in the evening.

Comment

Good point.

Meanwhile, Australia bring in Lyon, finally put Finch up the order, and lose again. Sounded like a thrilling innings from Buttler.

Paine must be on the verge of standing down, nice guy but has contributed little in this series.

Comment

Five overs to spare, too.

Comment

Piece on Amelie Kerr - http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...rd-232-not-out

Apparently almost all tickets gone for the Taunton double header, which is great news.

Comment

England score 160 against South Africa.

England Lions playing West Indies. Sam Hain scores 145* at faster than a run a ball. Has a List A average of 68. But must seem a bit pointless, as no realistic chance of getting into England ODI team at the moment. Perhaps he could try being Australian again.

Comment

South Africa chase it down. Fantastic resilience from them.

Comment

Agar's leave of a ball that splattered middle and off reminds me of Chris Read's international career ending misjudgement. Not that the deliveries were that similar, more like the embarrassment factor of a supposedly international class batsman getting it that wrong. And also the sense that a struggling team simply cannot afford mistakes so calamitous.

Comment

Read did come back a few years later, but I agree that dismissal did haunt his international future. Notts the main beneficiary.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X