No announcement yet.

International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They started to speed up and then a needless run out has slowed them right down again.

I hope DR won't mind that i am supporting Afghanistan. (I still think Ireland are the more likely winners)

Comment

Warner's last 6 balls: 4-4-4-6-4-OUT

Comment

Meanwhile Rabada has just got Warner after he hit 5 consecutive boundaries from him. Wonder if both of them have managed to get through all that in some silence?

Edit: beaten by Satchmo. Though I think it was actually 4-4-4-6-4-W (and now Satchmo has edited to make it seem like I am correcting something which was already correct)
        Last edited by ad hoc; 23-03-2018, 10:05.

Comment

Ireland 143/4 after 40 overs.

Could still go either way, though they will have to speed up soon

Comment

Niall O'Brien is the only Irish batsman who got his runs at a good strike rate. Ireland will do well to get to 200 from here.

OTOH how good are Afghanistan at chasing under pressure?

Comment

Afghanistan's strength is definitely their bowling, and it's been a low scoring tournament. Ireland definitely not out of this yet. Singh scoring 15 off 30 balls was not what they needed though. Assume Joyce must be injured.

Comment

Ireland get 209/7 from their 50 overs.

Afghanistan probably slight favourites, but still very open

Comment

Smith out in Cape Town, Australia 72/3

Comment

Elgar's knock becomes more impressive with each Australian wicket that falls. If it proves decisive (the only century in the game), it will become an all-time great Test innings given how such innings are always judged in the context of matches and series.

Comment

Afghanistan looking very solid so far. It'd be an amazing qualification given how many other results they needed to go their way, as well as winning their last three matches.

Comment

Is anyone else trying to watch Ireland v Afghanistan on Sky Sports online or Sky Go and they're not working?

Comment

Appears to be low-scoring on the Afghan part also - would still be a surprise if they fell short, but Ireland seem to be limiting the damage so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            Is anyone else trying to watch Ireland v Afghanistan on Sky Sports online or Sky Go and they're not working?
                            It's on Sky Main Event here

Comment

Turns out it was a firewall issue in the office, I've had it turned off!

Comment

Bancroft looks like he might replicate Elgar.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                  Bancroft looks like he might replicate Elgar.
                                  Nope, big Vern's got him for 77.

Meanwhile, Afghanistan lose a 2nd wicket to Simi Singh - 115/2 off 28 overs - this is going to be a close one

Comment

For the first time since I've logged on, the Afghans are below the required run rate, though only marginally - 132/3 after 34.

Comment

Roughly at the three-quarter mark, and the total stands on 143 - can Ireland maintain such discipline to the finish?

Comment

Ireland might be marginal favourites now. Nabi was the most likely player to give a quick boost to the rate, and he's just gone.

Comment

Afghanistan are blowing this, aren't they? Curses!

Comment

Stanikzai goes 4-6 off the first two balls of the over and the equation swings back again.

Comment

But McCarthy fights back and removes Shenwari!

Comment

This is great stuff. I hope the Afghans can do it, but I fear for them.

Comment

Under normal circumstances 16 off 3 overs would be routine. But this is massive pressure.

Comment

Every time the pressure builds, they look increasingly frenetic. It worries me. I don't see calmness.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X