No announcement yet.

International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recognise the commercial reality. I'm just saying it's boring.

Would India agree to more frequent '8 elite only' series (where obv only 3 games are guaranteed)? 2 a year and you get the same result

Quick question about net run rates- does a team losing after being bowled out in less than 50 overs- say 100 in 20- register 5.0 or 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
      I recognise the commercial reality. I'm just saying it's boring.

Would India agree to more frequent '8 elite only' series (where obv only 3 games are guaranteed)? 2 a year and you get the same result

Quick question about net run rates- does a team losing after being bowled out in less than 50 overs- say 100 in 20- register 5.0 or 2.0?
      A losing team that is bowled out always has the net run rate calculated over the full 50 overs whether batting first or second. I think this is to avoid a scenario whereby a losing team geains a higher NRR thatn the winners. For example the team batting first is bowled out in 25 overs and the opposition take 30 overs to score the runs.
      Last edited by Greenlander; 20-03-2018, 14:35.

Comment

Thanks GL- has NI internationalist Professor Pat Pending (Paul Paton) starred for Argyle yet?

Comment

I was about to say the he hadn't but actually he came on in injury time on Saturday. At that point I was barely watching as it was all too tense so no idea if he even touched the ball. Suspect he'll replace our loan signing from West Ham in due course.

Comment

They need a West Indies win over Scotland (or a rain off or tie) otherwise Zimbabwe (assuming they beat UAE) and Scotland go through

Comment

Stunning start from Scotland as Safyaan Sharif gets both Gayle and Hope caught behind without either scoring. 5/2 after 4 overs.

Comment

WI recovered to 123/2 but have been bowled out for 198, a poor effort. Only three batsmen scored more than 15.

Scotland just need to hold their nerve (easier said than done), accumulate 4 an over.

Comment

Heck, Scotland just hit one off the square.

55-3 off 16.2 overs. Slip come out.

Comment

Munsey and Berrington playing well. 88-4 off 26.3

Comment

Hope they seal the deal now - striking a blow for associate cricket would at least prove the myopia of the ICC.

Comment

Munsey keeps playing really good reverse sweeps over the infield.

Comment

West Indies bring back Roach, their best bowler.

Comment

And they appear to be gaining control of the tie at present.

Comment

It's raining.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                It's raining.
                                With Scotland behind on DL.

Comment

Feck - is this the first game affected by the weather? Hopefully they'll be able to resume (in the office today so no idea of conditions, heaviness of rain, outfield etc)

Comment

As it stands, Scotland going out due to an umpiring error because they'd be ahead on Duckworth Lewis if it were rained off with 4 wickets down instead of 5.

Nurse to Berrington, OUT, given lbw! Huge wicket. Good length on middle stump, would've gone down the leg side though! Impact was outside leg stump, but oh dear, Berrington's gone. If only this game had DRS. Tried to punch off the back foot towards mid on, but the ball stayed slightly low
                                    RD Berrington lbw b Nurse 33 (68b 4x4 0x6) SR: 48.52

Comment

He was playing well too.

Comment

It's over. WI are through

Comment

Scotland are going to finish 4th despite losing only one completed game. Maybe the unluckiest team of the sporting year so far. Might be through had DRS been used in the tournament.

Ireland and Afghanistan are still in it until Zimbabwe beat UAE, then their tie becomes a play-off to finish 3rd or 5th.

Will be interesting to see if WI and Zimbabwe can build on the experience gained by getting through here to be competitive in next year's event.
                                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 21-03-2018, 14:58.

Comment

Video of the Berrington decision here.

Ah, it doesn't take you straight to it, you have to scroll down.

Comment

Tough on the Scots. Windies have been pretty ordinary.

Comment

Very harsh on Scotland.

Is Munsey always that good? He ought to have come in earlier.

Comment

Very unlucky way to go out. Although part of me would have been sad to see a World Cup without the Windies. I agree with all the comments about there should have been (at least) four teams going to the World Cup from these qualifiers.

Comment

UAE 235/7 in the 47th over when rain stops play. If the tie is abandoned, and Zimbabwe thus move on to 6 points, could Afghanistan or Ireland overtake them on runs?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X