Sporting cameos in dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was chatting with Jimmy Anderson at an England net session yesterday. He seemed angry, again. He was drifting down the legside too much, and not attacking the stumps enough. I didn't mention it, though, as I figured old dogs find it hard to change their ways, and besides, 420 odd Test wickets between us.

But I did get a chance to contribute modestly during the football games they often play to warm up, where I poked in two goals from goalmouth scrambles. Although looking back on it, goalmouth scrambles are not what you want to encourage with the injury prone likes of Steven Finn around.

Always football, always playing up front, always break free on goal, always lose the ability to shoot.

Comment

I'm playing for either England football or rugby team, my dad is the manager (he was the manager of the team I played for when I was a youngster), and I often don't get to take part properly in the game (I have memories of always being subbed by him, though he denied it).

I've got another regular one about playing drums for Genesis, but that's another thread...

Comment

Monday night I had a dream that I was competing in the first heats of 100m freestyle swimming event at the Olympics. Somehow I kept just qualifying, and when it was the last qualification event before the final race, I once again was the last person to qualify. The guy in the lane next to me was crying at having missed out, and I told the judges that it wasn't right, I shouldn't be there, but they told me there was nothing they could do.

Comment

I have a recurring dream where I had a meteoric footballing career that lasted about six months, where I briefly played for both Liverpool and England, but then never again. I'll find myself, being me, now, recounting my former exploits at some social event or other, and no-one else can remember my 'career' at all, and most disbelieve me. Sort of like Toto Schillaci, except people remember him.

Comment

Working...
          X