Roll up, roll up for the OTF chess tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egad.

As weak as my chess is, even I saw that one.

If only to start evening up the point balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
      No, in fact, you were in my "pending invites" list. Must be a glitch. I've resent the invite. Could you check?
      Yeah, sorted, cheers.

Comment

"Sorted", Bored? Can't see you on the participants list yet.

Anything we can do to gather a few more? Ad hoc, Alex, TPC, VT? Guy, you lurker, can we not interest you in giving it a go? Such a shame that Kev is no longer playing on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
          Anything we can do to gather a few more? Ad hoc, Alex, TPC, VT? Guy, you lurker, can we not interest you in giving it a go? Such a shame that Kev is no longer playing on the site.
          All the former participants you mention have been invited. Guy, how about it?

Comment

Bollocks, for some reason, it is saying that I failed to register. Could you send it again, Wouter?

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
              Bollocks, for some reason, it is saying that I failed to register. Could you send it again, Wouter?
              I seem to be utterly incapable of doing this. When I go to the "Invite Players" menu, it lists which invitations are still pending, and you are clearly not on that list. If I then send an invite to you, chess.com cheerily informs me that an invite has been sent to 1 player, and you mysteriously fail to appear in the pending invitations list.

With the unexpected two-rounder of OTF Chess #11 and now this, I'm curious to learn what other things I will manage to bollocks up in organizing the tournaments. If OTF #15 suddenly gives us chess games on board of 10x10 fields, you know who's responsible...

Comment

Well, it says "Failed to Register" and then, next to where it says TD Wouter D, it says "Removed"

I know it seems odd but have you checked if you have actually cancelled the tournament or whether I am in some "deleted invitations" folder?

Comment

Might I suggest cancelling it altogether and then creating a new tournament and just issuing the invitations again?

Comment

Wouter, what's the plan, timing-wise?

Comment

Wouter, what's the plan, timing-wise?
                      Fixing this tournament via technical means seems out of reach of the chess.com wise minds. Cancelling and creating a new one might be the best way to go. I would also suggest that someone else takes the lead in setting it up, since at the moment I seem utterly unable to do anything productive.

EEG, would you perhaps do the honors?

Comment

No problem Wouter! Will do that now.

Comment

OK, I'm in, Levin has joined, and invitations are out to:

Wouter, Etienne, Sam, Bored, Alex, ad hoc, TPC and VT.

Matt J de-registered from chess.com, didn't he (as did Kev). Can't find him on the site. A real pity, in both cases. Would be great if ad hoc, TPC and VT could join us, I don't think any of them signed up for the originally created OTF 13.

Comment

Thank you!

TPC did. Took a while. So do take a while.

Comment

Meanwhile, Magnus Carlsen encounters his most interesting foe in a while, on the fringe of the Tata Steel Chess tournament in Wijk aan Zee:

Comment

TPC did. Took a while.
                                Oh, yes, of course he did. I was being very stupid there - I remembered that there were only 7 of us registered, but forgot that Bored was missing, despite reading all the exchanges above about how his invitation hit a glitch.

Comment

I'm in, and I have told Alex to look out for another invitation. Thanks EEG!

Comment

Just when I thought I was out, you dragged me back in!

Comment

Anyone in touch with TPC? Everyone else who was signed up for the original OTF13 is now registered for the new edition, so it's just TPC left to join, unless ad hoc or VT is going to surprise us.

Comment

I think I am on Facebook.

Comment

Thanks Bored, would you be happy to message him about the new invitation>

Comment

Thanks Bored, would you be happy to message him about the new invitation>
                                            Having remembered who is on Facebook, finally I have done so.

Comment

Thanks Bored. OK, we're all 8 registered for the tourney now, looks as if we're not going to be able to tempt ad hoc or VT back this time.

I'll push the button this evening UK time (say around 8pm) unless anyone objects before then.

Comment

Thanks Bored. OK, we're all 8 registered for the tourney now, looks as if we're not going to be able to tempt ad hoc or VT back this time.

I'll push the button this evening UK time (say around 8pm) unless anyone objects before then.
                                                I'm really sorry - would love to but I'm travelling a fair bit and haven't played since i was last in an OTF tournament.

Comment

Yes, sorry, I'm on an indefinite chess hiatus

Comment

And we're off... Enjoy your games, everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X