Comment

A question about Undies

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A

Comment

A question about Undies

9 pairs of Y-Fronts are now yours.

Comment

A question about Undies

It's never okay to simply turn them inside out to get more wearing out of them between washings.

Exceptions will be made, however, for people with dire extenuating circumstances. Always.

Comment

A question about Undies

Femme Folle wrote: It's never okay to simply turn them inside out to get more wearing out of them between washings.
            Do women do this?

Comment

A question about Undies

I set off on my annual underpant-buying spree last week. The only underpants I'm prepared to wear are 'trunks'. The cheapest place you can get them locally is at H&M, where they cost 14.99 euros for three pairs.

Until last Friday, underpant-buying was a piece of, um, piss. Enter the shop, take a pack of plain black underpants off the rack, pay for them and leave.

Last Friday, however, was, so to speak, Non-Black Friday. They had 'trunks' on the rack, but not in plain colours. It wasn't just that the three-packs contained different-coloured underpants (dark blue, grey and white); the different-coloured underpants were also baseball-themed. Either loads of little baseball bats and/or balls or the word BASEBALL on them.

I'm a middle-aged man. I can't be wearing underpants with baseball bats on them.

Comment

A question about Undies

I have underpants with The Muppets on them, but you already suspected that...or should have.

Comment

A question about Undies

I also have a significant number that are tie-dyed or have motorcycle themes. Also, one pair that look like a newspaper.

Comment

A question about Undies

Come on then, show us your Gonzo.

Comment

A question about Undies

Currently, treibeis' coworkers are wiping skull fragments off their computer screens.

Comment

A question about Undies

WOM wrote: I also have a significant number that are tie-dyed or have motorcycle themes. Also, one pair that look like a newspaper.
                        I'm shocked, but I'm not surprised.

A bloke I play football with has 'football underpants' (i.e. underpants he wears only for playing football in, rather than underpants with a photo of Horst Hrubesch on the front).

The design on one pair of his 'football underpants' is a photo that takes up all the material. (I don't know what the word is for that sort of thing, but I had a similar pair as a child. The photo was of Barry Sheene going round a bend on his motorbike: The back wheel and Barry Sheene's legs extended across my arse, while I had his torso and his helmet on, well, my helmet).

Anyway, my mate's got this pair with an all-encompassing photo of the skier Hermann Maier on them.

Comment

A question about Undies

I also have plain ones, including a black pair and a green pair. I bury them right at the bottom of the drawer because I hate the look of them on me. I'd rather wear ratty old ones with a gimpy waistband ('period' underwear) than a new black pair.

Comment

A question about Undies

My wife is convinced that straight men (although she is targeting me and me alone in her ranting on the subject) should never wear underpants with another man's name written on them. Not even if that name is Björn Borg.

Comment

A question about Undies

treibeis wrote: A bloke I play football with has 'football underpants' (i.e. underpants he wears only for playing football in, rather than underpants with a photo of Horst Hrubesch on the front).
                              I'm assuming he's had these custom printed? A Google search of Horst Hrubesch Unterwäsche isn't bringing much up.

Comment

A question about Undies

andrew7610 wrote: My wife is convinced that straight men (although she is targeting me and me alone in her ranting on the subject) should never wear underpants with another man's name written on them. Not even if that name is Björn Borg.
                                Turn it back on her and tell her she's insecure about her masculinity.

Comment

A question about Undies

A couple of weeks ago in the pub, The Lady I Walked To The Registry Office With commented on another drinker, whose boxer shorts were hanging out of the top of his jeans. Given that he was about the same age as me, and that men my age don't usually go round flashing their underpants, we briefly debated whether it was deliberate or not.

I then said that, regardles of whether they spilled out of my jeans or not, I'd never contemplate wearing boxer shorts. She then said that going to bed with a bloke who wears boxer shorts is like "going to bed with Uwe Seeler".

I assume she meant because Uwe Seeler played football back in the days when they all wore baggy shorts.

Then I noticed that she'd said "is" and not "would be". I hope, I really really hope, that she hasn't been to bed with Uwe Seeler.

Comment

A question about Undies

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                                    I'm assuming he's had these custom printed? A Google search of Horst Hrubesch Unterwäsche isn't bringing much up.
                                    No, Horst Hrubesch underpants are what he doesn't wear.

A pair of talking Horst Hrubesch underpants would be good. "Da tu ich ihn ihm rein in ihn ihm sein Tor."

Comment

A question about Undies

My wife is convinced that straight men (although she is targeting me and me alone in her ranting on the subject) should never wear underpants with another man's name written on them. Not even if that name is Björn Borg.
                                      I'd have thought the last thing you'd want to wear would be a tennis player's pants.

Comment

A question about Undies

treibeis wrote: No, Horst Hrubesch underpants are what he doesn't wear.
                                        Ah, sorry, misread that. But I've clearly identified a gap in the market.

Comment

A question about Undies

The Y Front sounds like one of those sinister East German political factions from the '70s.

Comment

A question about Undies

Boxers are the only form of underwear a decent man should wear. Trunks are for pimply teenagers who use Axe deodorant and Playboy cologne.

Eat my boxers, you fuckers!

Comment

A question about Undies

Ginger Yellow wrote:
                                              I'd have thought the last thing you'd want to wear would be a tennis player's pants.
                                              Definitely not Rafa Nadal's, given the amount of time he spends picking them out of his arse.

Comment

A question about Undies

Vulgarian Visigoth wrote: Boxers are the only form of underwear a decent man should wear. Trunks are for pimply teenagers who use Axe deodorant and Playboy cologne.

Eat my boxers, you fuckers!
                                                Neither - 'hipsters' are where it's at - boxers ride up too much/often under the jeans. (Shame the name now has to have such a naff connotation nowadays, of course.)

Comment

A question about Undies

A Google search for hipsters returns this:

Whatever makes you feel beautiful, Jah.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X