Christmas Pantomimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Pantomimes

Gangster Octopus wrote: My brother-in-law is in this in Tunbridge Wells over Christmas. It's not really a panto, mind...
    Scratch that. He had a heart attack on Friday night. Fortunately he's as well as can be expected, but the panto is out...

Comment

Christmas Pantomimes

Blimey. Hope he's ok GO.

Comment

Christmas Pantomimes

He is, thanks. He should be out of hospital today, with a stent in his heart, and under orders to rest for the next eight weeks.

Comment

Christmas Pantomimes

That's awful. Fingers crossed for him.

We went to the annual panto in Port Hope (Capital Theatre...just a lovely little small-town venue). We took my mom and sister, too, and they thoroughly enjoyed it. Not the greatest one we've seen there, but fun nonetheless.

Comment

Cambridge has the posters up now, one from that company who seems to do them all. Title and cast details to follow.

Comment

If anyone finds themselves in Nairobi, you could come and watch me in my panto debut, as Klepto the thief in Ali Baba at Braeburn School theatre. Three shows left.

We're also off as a family to watch this year's panto at the Theatr Clwyd in Mold - although exactly why we're watching the 11.00 morning showing is anyone's guess. Sleeping Beauty, by the way.

Comment

So it's Jack And The Beanstalk, then.

TONY CHRISTIE as THE KING OF AMARILLO
                LIZA GODDARD as THE GOOD FAIRY
                STEPHEN BECKETT as FLESHCREEP
                HOLLY EASTERBROOK as JACK TROTT
                ROBERT REES as SIMON TROTT
                ALEXANDRA WAITE-ROBERTS as PRINCESS
                and Cambridge's #1 dame, MATT CROSBY, as DAME TROTT!

Hmm, the King of Amarillo, eh? Tony Christie, you say?

Comment

The first panto I can recall vividly was Winnie the Pooh in London in 1970. Julian Orchard played Eeyore. Those who remember him will agree that this was inspired casting.

As you were.
                  Last edited by Jah Womble; 27-11-2017, 11:22. Reason: Updated details re the panto

Comment

Southport has Cinderella this year, with the big star being "TV and theatre favourite" Sam Kane. He has a Wikipedia page, which gives his only credits for the last decade as a small role in a Danny Dyer film and an appearance on Pointless.

Comment

Brother-in-law is going to be in this, which we've booked tickets for. First thing he's been in since last year's little episode...

Comment

Not as the Tin Man, I hope. That might be a bit insensitive.

Comment

Ha, no. He went for the cowardly lion, which he's done before, but sensibly ended up with Grand Vizier and another part. We'll find exactly what when we go to see him...

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                            The first panto I can recall vividly was Winnie the Pooh in London in 1970. Julian Orchard played Eeyore. Those who remember him will agree that this was inspired casting.

As you were.
                            Indeed. He looked like Frankie Howard with mumps didn't he?

Comment

Ha, indeed. I'd have placed him as at least 60 when I saw him a decade before his demise at just 49 years old, poor fellow...

Comment

I always used to confuse him and John Junkin.

Comment

Order has been restored to the universe--Stu Francis is back in Bolton. At the Wanderers, no less. Not sure if he'll be playing in front of the full 29,000.

Comment

I'm going to the panto in Shrewsbury. Cinderella, I think. No idea who's in it. My dad probably did tell me before he booked the tickets.

Going with Neice and Nephew. Going to teach them how to boo properly and hopefully they can transfer the skills to football matches.

Comment

Transferable skills are good; I'm just trying to think of the most suitable moment in Cinderella to bellow, "Call yourself a bloody professional?"

Comment

Or a chant of "Let him die, let him die, let him die!"

Comment

"Alice love Dick".

Comment

I posted in the theatre thread :-) I've won tickets to Dick Whittington with Julian Clary and Elaine Paige.

Comment

Ray and my other brother took my Mum to see that last night. I am very jealous. Julian Clary is brilliant live.

Bath is rubbish. There is one half of a local comedy duo that featured every year - I think they were producers as well - until his partner died. Then there is Harriet Thorpe (who? "Absolutely Fabulous, The Brittas Empire, Wicked" apparently) and Nick Wilton (the obligatory unknown from EastEnders)

Comment

I actually thought it might be a bit naff and that I'd have trouble finding three friends to go, but friends jumped at it, especially as there's a meal, drinks and a night at the Waldorf thrown in. Looking forward to it now.

Comment

Bored - you already know that don't need names for a great panto.

Notttingham Playhouse's panto is excellent every year and this year's was no different. The lead is John Elkington (who). Never mind who, just know that he's perfect as a pantomime dame and makes the event no matter what. I'd rather support a local facility than pay an extortionate amount just because someone on the stage was in Emmerdale or Hollyoaks.

Comment

I got through all the booking details today, so am very excited at the thought of seeing Dick in the New Year.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X