• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandi Thom…

…is a little upset -

http://www.nme.com/news/sandi-thom/89662

Sandi Thom…

As someone who does video-editing, vertical videos upset me.

Comment

Sandi Thom…

One of the groups that drink at my (German) local are a bit like that.

They wanted to play an open-air ‘gig’ at the golf hut earlier this year. Without asking me beforehand, they announced that they would be playing on a public holiday, that they would need certain equipment at their disposal, that I should make sure I’ve got some cocktails on the go and that they’d be doing it for a small fee only, “as a favour”, so that I could make some money.

(It should be pointed out that, outside of their own heads, this band aren’t at all famous. And that the pub football team is better at football than this band are at music.)

I told them to fuck off, for a number of reasons (not least because their equipment would probably have placed caused my ice-cream freezers to explode).

Ever since then, they start bad-mouthing me every time they see me. I can’t even go for a widdle without one of them pointing at me and announcing to the world and his wife that I’m everything from a Kapitalistenarsch to a Schlager fan.

(I don't object to Kapitalistenarsch, but I really don’t care for [i]Schlager[/i ]at all.)

Comment

Sandi Thom…

I'm imagining it was this band.

Comment

Sandi Thom…

Whatever the rights or wrongs of the decision - and I suspect I can work out on which side of that fence I'd probably fall - why would an established professional make such a prize tw*t of herself like that?

Maybe she should write some more songs about punk rockers with flowers in their hair. Or hippies with safety pins. F*** knows.

Comment

Sandi Thom…

treibeis wrote: One of the groups that drink at my (German) local are a bit like that.

They wanted to play an open-air ‘gig’ at the golf hut earlier this year. Without asking me beforehand, they announced that they would be playing on a public holiday, that they would need certain equipment at their disposal, that I should make sure I’ve got some cocktails on the go and that they’d be doing it for a small fee only, “as a favour”, so that I could make some money.

(It should be pointed out that, outside of their own heads, this band aren’t at all famous. And that the pub football team is better at football than this band are at music.)

I told them to fuck off, for a number of reasons (not least because their equipment would probably have placed caused my ice-cream freezers to explode).

Ever since then, they start bad-mouthing me every time they see me. I can’t even go for a widdle without one of them pointing at me and announcing to the world and his wife that I’m everything from a Kapitalistenarsch to a Schlager fan.

(I don't object to Kapitalistenarsch, but I really don’t care for [i]Schlager[/i ]at all.)
            I think I kind of guessed that by the phrase "playing at the golf hut"

Comment

Sandi Thom…

treibeis wrote: One of the groups that drink at my (German) local are a bit like that.

Either Hamburg is a really bizarre place or you have a knack for coming across the wrong 'uns.

Comment

Sandi Thom…

Vulgarian Visigoth wrote: Either Hamburg is a really bizarre place or you have a knack for coming across the wrong 'uns.
                I fear it's the latter. It's actually got better, but about five years ago, there was a period of a few months when I seemed to have a "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" T-shirt on that was visible to everybody but me.

Comment

Sandi Thom…

Stumpy Pepys wrote: I'm imagining it was this band.
                  It's actually this lot.

The Lady I Walked To The Registry Office With got into a right ruck with them because of the video. And she was right to do so.

Apart from the woman in the yellow trousers, they're all posh kids who, before this video was made, had never visited the place they filmed it in.

People my age pretending to be gangsters - the driver had his tongue in his cheek, but none of the others did - deserve all the flak they get.

Comment

Sandi Thom…

It's quite a sad, painfully video really.

She swears quite well though.

Comment

Sandi Thom…

Luke R wrote: It's quite a sad, painfully video really.

She swears quite well though.
                      I asked her whether she knew she was being filmed. Quite rightly, she didn't find it funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X