Kit clashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kit clashes

Arsenal wearing their dark navy and slime yellow third kit at Watford yesterday was a new low.

Comment

Kit clashes

East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath this afternoon:

To make things worse, the back of East Kilbride's shirt is plain blue.

Comment

What on earth were Rochdale thinking of away at Scunthorpe at the weekend :

Comment

I know, 2-0 and 3-1 down and they still got a draw, the buggers.

Serious answer is that I think 'Dale's third kit is a light pastelly pink, unless it rains...

Comment

It’s to much of a clash for me even when it’s dry :

Comment

Yeah, it is too close, they usually turn up with some sort of white shirt, and indeed their current 2nd kit is quite a nice one, white with blue/black horizontal band, looks a bit like an Inter change kit. So god knows what they were thinking, it's not as if they don't play us nearly every season ever.

Comment

Imagine Cruising

Comment

You can't beat the GAA for a good old kit clash.

Limerick v Kerry

Tipperary v Clare

Laois v Longford

Comment

That's Longford's change kit (the white one)

Comment

Cork v Armagh in U21 in 2007:

Kerry county hurling final between Kilmoyley and Lixnaw in 2002:

Comment

Cheers Denis, inter-club GAA are a joy for the kit clash afficianado. It's as if the GAA use not changing colours as a differentiator from 'foreign games'. My young fella was at Gaelic football training on Tuesday and on the adjoining pitch two teams in almost identical all black kits played a surreal ethereal hurling match with a barely visible grey ball in the rain in ever deepening gloom.

Comment

I have to admit that Wimbledon probably deserved a defeat for wearing this kit tonight (try and ignore Burton's troubling mascot);

[URL]https://twitter.com/afcwimbledon/status/1186715396990259200?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Just wear the bloody first kit FFS.

Comment

It's been discussed on other threads but back in September Cefn Druids drove all the way from Wrexham to Cardiff to play Cardiff Met with the away kit on the bus, only to find their red away kit clashed with the Met's maroon home kit. The ref called the game off.

Story: Kit clash leads to Cymru Welsh Premier postponement - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49865806

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                It's been discussed on other threads but back in September Cefn Druids drove all the way from Wrexham to Cardiff to play Cardiff Met with the away kit on the bus, only to find their red away kit clashed with the Met's maroon home kit. The ref called the game off.

Story: Kit clash leads to Cymru Welsh Premier postponement - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49865806
                                Could Cardiff Met not have sourced a change kit? Not ideal, obviously, but surely a bit of pragmatism could have been applied.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                  (try and ignore Burton's troubling mascot)

I'm not sure that I can. What the hell is it supposed to represent?
                                  Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 23-10-2019, 08:19.

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post

Could Cardiff Met not have sourced a change kit? Not ideal, obviously, but surely a bit of pragmatism could have been applied.

Chelsea had to borrow Coventry's away kit once after a colour clash:

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

I'm not sure that I can. What the hell is it supposed to represent?
                                      He's called Billy the Brewer, he has a lady friend Betty the Brewer ;

Comment

Crikey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

He's called Billy the Brewer, he has a lady friend Betty the Brewer ;

I thought that it might be in support of a local charity: "Thugs With Bell's Palsy".

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post

Well that's the real joke element in the story. Apparently they had no other kits on site. The students must have been waiting to take their laundry home for mum.

Comment

I was speaking to a colleague yesterday who's son plays in the 3rds for Cardiff Met. Maybe the issue is the number of teams they have meaning that it's likely kits are being washed at different times, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                                I was speaking to a colleague yesterday who's son plays in the 3rds for Cardiff Met. Maybe the issue is the number of teams they have meaning that it's likely kits are being washed at different times, etc...
                                                Yeah. I was only joking.

Comment

In the Camberley Town v Banstead Athletic match I saw the other week, the two keepers wore identical shades of neon green kits . It's been against the laws for some time, even at that level I think, to have clashing keepers kits and I can't recall the last time I saw it.

I was hoping one keeper might try and come up for a corner late in the game and being forbad from doing so because of his outfit, like someone trying to wear trainers in to a nite klub :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 23-10-2019, 13:49.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X