NBA 2015/16: LBJ the GOAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was just coming to post that. I love the one in Detroit, he's standing in the half-court logo when he shoots.

Comment

He's the best pure shooter that I have seen.

Comment

Crazy. It's come to be more surprising when he doesn't make long shots like that.

Comment

Holy shit. Steph Curry is redefining the game.

Comment

I was impressed he was able to come back after rolling his ankle, let alone winning the game.

Only negative: can't stand the 'slate' away t-shirts.

Comment

We're running out of things to say about him. There were people in the crowd (and Enes Kanter on the OKC bench) throwing up their hands while the ball was in the air because they knew it was good.

And other NBA players are also in awe: http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/969873

Curry tied his own record for most 3 pointers in a season. IT IS STILL FEBRUARY.

Comment

To add to the records, the Warriors have also secured a playoff spot earlier than any other side (the 1986 Celtics secured their spot on February 28th).

Comment

Amazing. I kept checking in on the game off and on, and it seemed like OKC had figured out how to smother the Warriors defensively, at least on the night, but Curry (and others) kept getting the closer and finally tied, and by the time it went to overtime, I was actually expecting them to win.

Comment

Only negative: can't stand the 'slate' away t-shirts.
                    Yes! (said in Marv Albert voice)

It's genuinely unfortunate that those atrocities are going to feature prominently in these highlight clips for the ages.

Future generations will wonder what the hell the NBA was thinking.

Comment

Never change, Clippers, never change...

Comment

It's amazing that they've gone from being controlled by Donald Sterling to being controlled by Steve Ballmer without any change at all to their essence.

Comment

Is that supposed to be a condor?

Comment

Comment

Renart wrote: Is that supposed to be a condor?
                              Yes, it is.

For those that don't know, the 213 on the jersey is for the Downtown LA area code. It used to be the area code for all of LA, but we have so many different ones now, and almost no one has a 213 area code anymore, so that was a strange choice to make.

The rapper Vince Staples had some hilarious tweets in reaction.

AND WHY THE FUCK DO HE GOT ON KNEE PADS??

AND WHO THE FUCK GOT A 213 AREA CODE IN 2016?

What does that bird have to do with the Clippers? @LAClippers

ELTON BRAND DIDNT DIE FOR THIS

This is why nobody buys Windows computers I'm really about to shed a tear.

4th in the west and we out here off brand fruit loopin.

You mean to tell me nobody in the meeting was like "Stevie maybe this isn't a good idea"

Comment

Aubrey McClendon, the energy tycoon who owns the OKC Thunder, was indicted on federal bid-rigging anti-trust charges yesterday.

Today, he died in a fireball after his car hit a bridge.

Comment

Wow. I guess we shouldn't speculate, but it sure seems like a possible suicide.

Comment

Single car crash into a concrete embankment in good driving conditions. Impact and subsequent fire so severe that the police can't tell if he was wearing a seat belt.

The circumstantial evidence is substantial, though it if it is a technical fault, the auto manufacturer is going to have a hell of a lawsuit on its hands.

Comment

Robbed from Reddit, but I feel it's important to highlight just how much of a quote treasure Evan Turner is.

On returning to Philly- Dec. 12, 2014.:

"Before the game I signed like 100,000 autographs, I'm kissing babies and what not and all that stuff. I'm getting my hand kissed by people; I got little girls come up to me, fainting. Once the game started, it was like, 'What the hell is going on?' I was like, 'This is weird. Did they take all the good people out? ... I don't worry about it anymore. I don't want to sound super weird, but Jesus was hated, too. At the end of the day, I just worry about the stuff that's important. If it makes you happy to boo me, go ahead. I'm still happy. I put all that stuff behind me."

On deferring to Jae Crowder on for a game winner- Nov. 26th, 2015:

"When I was dribbling, I was like, 'Oh, snap, I’m at 15 feet, I’m about to end this.' And then I thought about [Michael Jordan] passing to Steve Kerr. And I thought, 'Well, let me add that to my legacy. I’ll pass one time.' And that was it. It was unbelievable, actually. Ingenious by me."

On coming off the bench for the C’s, 2015:

"[Brad Stevens] spoke to me. I had to smell his breath for alcohol. I checked his office for drugs. I said, ‘You’ve gotta be high.’ You know what I’m saying? But I kept it classy, of course, and I trust the process. And that was it. But it’s unbelievable, right?"

On resolutions for 2016- Late 2015:

"I’m just trying to stay out the way. That’s it. You know what I’m saying? Once again, I have a '27 years without getting arrested' streak, so I wanna keep that up. Maybe texting people back quicker. Stop lying about not seeing people’s text messages. That would help. Checking my email more, maybe. You know what I’m saying, kind of to be more dependable in that aspect."

On Birthday Expectations- Oct 27, 2015:

"I first found out about a golden birthday when I was 8. You go to school and it could be a kid’s birthday on like Nov. 8, he turns 8. So when he told us what it was I was like, 'I’m gonna be 27 before it becomes my golden birthday and it won’t be that cool and nobody will care anymore.' So, I finally got here and I’m blessed to have gotten here. I’ve really been looking forward to this golden birthday for, like, 19 or 20 years."

"Honestly, not to like go too deep into it or be a hipster about it, but if you’re gonna be nice to me one day a year, my life sucks."

On his shooting- Feb. 21 2016:

“You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy like that is always lethal."
                                      “It’s 15%, but it’s a big 15%"
                                      On Kobe’s final trip to Boston- Dec. 29th 2015
                                      People will say it's for Kobe, but deep down it's probably for me.

On The Sixers- Oct. 7th, 2014:

“They have like 12 new guys every time I see them”
                                      On dreams of being the NBA Logo- Nov. 10th, 2015
                                      “Obviously a lot more women would be into the game”

On Sports outside of basketball- Sept. 23, 2015:

“Any intramural teams at Harvard need a quarterback? I might stop by and join a team. I only throw spirals”*

On his in-game 360 dunk- Dec. 9th, 2015:

“I probably shouldn’t make any plans for All-Star Weekend now.”

On missing the 2015 All-Star Game- Feb. 11th, 2015:

"50 Shades of Grey is coming out, so I might catch that."

On gastrointestinal distress- June 19th, 2012:

“I been on the toilet all night, my butt crack feels like it has sun burn #pause. I'm so annoyed”

On the Hater life cycle- Jan 13th, 2013:

“There will always be haters, that’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids”

On Michigan- Feb 16th, 2016:

“Lol Muck Fichigan”

On the Celtics bench in practice- Jan 29th, 2016:

(Referring to the Uconn Womens Basketball Program)- “We’ve been on that level”

On Dirk’s Marital Status- July 13th, 2011:

“Well I’ll be damned. Dirk got himself a sister.”

On Lebron James- April 10th, 2015:

“I threw away my LeBron poster in high school,” Turner said, “so I don’t care how much he played tonight.”

On first playing Kobe- Dec 29th, 2015:

"I had teammates that said, ‘When you go out there, don’t look at him in his eye. Don’t talk to him or anything; it’s going to give him an edge.’ Like he’s some type of pit bull or something. ... Then he came up to me and patted me on my back. He was like, ‘How you doing? How’s your mom?’ I was like, ‘She’s all right.'

On receiving passes in bad spacing- Jan 28th, 2016:

“Kelly had the ball and I’m like… he better not pass it to me. It’s like an unwritten rule of the NBA. So I’m like, ‘he better not pass it to me’… and the ball is coming toward me and I’m like ‘This dude is a big asshole’. Like… the whole time I’m looking at him like ‘You better not pass me this ball, what are you doing bro?”

On twitter and the ladies- Feb 15th, 2010:

“Its funny how people wanna bother me on vday instead of being with girls! Lol wowwww”

On his relationship status- Dec. 22, 2015:

“I’m married to guap. Taken.”

On How to get courtside seats- Dec 22, 2015:

“Purchase them at the ticket office or flirt with someone who works at the garden and finesse your way to courtside”

On the choice of feeding one’s cat or buying his T shirt- Dec. 21st 2015:

“If your cat dies of hunger it will still have 8 lives ... So yeah cop the tee ASAP rocky”

Comment

Incandenza wrote: Never change, Clippers, never change...

I presume I'm about the 3 millionth person to make this comparison:-

Comment

I realise that I have absolutely no clue who Evan Turner is, but some of that stuff is pretty good.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: Single car crash into a concrete embankment in good driving conditions. Impact and subsequent fire so severe that the police can't tell if he was wearing a seat belt.

The circumstantial evidence is substantial, though it if it is a technical fault, the auto manufacturer is going to have a hell of a lawsuit on its hands.
                                            First man indicted on 100 year old law who ran notoriously rough-and-ready Oil & Gas company dies in mysterious solo accident the next day. I get the feeling the Tahoe will not be found at fault.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: I realise that I have absolutely no clue who Evan Turner is, but some of that stuff is pretty good.
                                              He went to Ohio State and was the unanimous player of the year (AP, Wooden, Naismith) in the 2009-10 season. He got drafted by the Sixers and played for them, then went to Indiana, and now he's in Boston. Hasn't really been outstanding in the NBA.

Comment

Andrew Bogut celebrating a Curry three-pointer before he's even shot it: http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/andrew-bogut-doesnt-even-stick-around-to-see-if-stephen-1763454931

Comment

Very interesting article about how Nike didn't really care about Steph Curry in 2013, and why he is with Under Armour now.

Comment

A really good piece that should result in a noticeable decline in Nike's stock price should anyone be paying attention.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X