Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, none of us are fond of Leeds and Leeds…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

…and Leeds and Leeds.

None of us are fond of Leeds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34570202

Rösler sacked.

"Steve Evans understood to be taking training"…

The longer this farce goes on, the more I think it might have been better if the club had gone into liquidation. It has been like watching repeated attempts to reanimate a corpse.

Comment

A bit repetitious maybe but there can never be too many views of this photo

Comment

Why has he borrowed a middle-aged Auntie's legs?

Comment

Tax purposes.

Comment

He looks like Jocky Wilson.

Comment

snakeplissken wrote: Tax purposes.
              I'm sure no-one would mind if he did a Hotblack Desiato.

Comment

Well, the Leeds haters can all go fuck off and die, frankly. But genuine commiserations are welcome.

This is one of the places where I draw the line as an armchair supporter (not that anyone gives a toss about the feelings of armchair supporters of course, which is fair enough). Evans is utter scum. For as long as he is in charge I no longer have any emotional investment in the team's results. I can forgive that clownish crook Cellino a lot (and there was plenty that needed forgiving already, not least the undermining and sacking of Redfearn), but not the appointment of Evans.

Comment

The thing is, Evans seems to have mellowed a bit over the years, and the gobby crook stuff is well in the past now. And wherever he goes he tends to do a decent job with whatever resources he has available.

Be intriguing how he handles the pressures at a bigger club with top league aspirations but not the money to underwrite it (see also Slade at Cardiff).

Comment

Blimey Slacks, that's the least hostile thing any Orient fan has ever said of Evans. I'm not gonna back you up though. Fuck him. A crook employed by a crook

Comment

This isn't a managerial change, it's self-harming and a cry for help.

Comment

A crook employed by a crook
                        There's crooked sixpence, crooked cat etc. joke in there somewhere.

Comment

Evariste Euler Gauss wrote: Well, the Leeds haters can all go fuck off and die, frankly. But genuine commiserations are welcome.

This is one of the places where I draw the line as an armchair supporter (not that anyone gives a toss about the feelings of armchair supporters of course, which is fair enough). Evans is utter scum. For as long as he is in charge I no longer have any emotional investment in the team's results. I can forgive that clownish crook Cellino a lot (and there was plenty that needed forgiving already, not least the undermining and sacking of Redfearn), but not the appointment of Evans.
                          As Mr Medlocke will attest. I said much the same thing when it was mooted that Mr Evans might become the manager of a North-Eastern based club playing in a stadium demonstrably too large for their ambitions or ability.

No-one deserves that at their club.

Comment

slackster wrote:
                            Be intriguing how he handles the pressures at a bigger club with top league aspirations but not the money to underwrite it (see also Slade at Cardiff).
                            Considering he'll be sacked by Christmas, I'm not sure that we'll get to find out.

Comment

Cellino has just been adjudged to be not a 'fit and proper person' by the FL after being found guilty in his tax case in Italy, and have suspended him.

Comment

Leeds United had wild success in the past employing a notorious bung merchant, so Cellino certainly knows his history.

Comment

Bad news comes in threes?

What's next before midnight?

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/leeds-united-cellino-banned-by-football-league-1-7523877

“In June, Mr Cellino was found guilty by a Court in Sardinia of an offence under Italian tax legislation relating to the non-payment of VAT on the importation of a Land Rover vehicle. This resulted in a fine of €40,000 and the confiscation of the vehicle in question.

“Having considered detailed legal advice and the Court’s reasoned judgment, as supplied by Mr Cellino, the Board determined that the decision of the Italian Court constitutes a disqualifying condition under the Owners’ and Directors’ test.
                                  Bah! Beaten to posting it while I was trying to extract the links and the quote.

Comment

Comment

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/yorkshire-residents-terrified-they-could-be-made-leeds-united-owner-2014120493502

Comment

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/988689158079156225

Comment

Radzianni really is an arsehole

Comment

What happened to the new badge with the muscly bloke stabbing himself to death?

Comment

And now the owner controls the UK rights to La Liga:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rts-radrizzani

Comment

Quite, and that has a lot of potential for disaster, as he currently lacks an outlet on which to broadcast the matches (other than on-line).

Comment

This is going well

https://twitter.com/alternativecoms/status/994688735546617856?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                                  X