Rooms Within Rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooms Within Rooms

Missed this first-time round – James Franco to direct drama about the making of The Room, called The Disaster Artist.

I think it was Toby Gymshorts, of this parish, who introduced me to the cult classic The Room. A jaw-droppingly bad film, whose plot and dialogue make very little sense at all.

Can't help thinking Franco's project is a bit too navel-gazing – I mean it's something of a niche film. And I can't imagine it could be anywhere near as good as Tim Burton's Ed Wood film.

Rooms Within Rooms

I remain, as ever, your humble servant.

Comment

Rooms Within Rooms

EDIT: Absolute nonsense.

Comment

Rooms Within Rooms

You're tearing me apart, Toby. #memesof2010

Comment

Rooms Within Rooms

I'd been out for a lunch on expenses. Drink was had, and it rendered me unable to even English.

Comment

Rooms Within Rooms

Tommy's currently ruminating over a 3D version of his magnum opus.

Comment

Last edited by Stumpy Pepys; 11-09-2017, 20:26.

Comment

Release date is 1 December.

Reviews are good and I'm really looking forward to this. I'm also hoping my local art-house Kino puts it on a double-bill with The Room.

In which case I'll bring an inflatable football along. But no spoons.

Comment

When this thread first came about, I'd never heard of The Room. I did - I think via another thread on here - earlier this year or late last year. But basically, the guy who made it (I forget his name now) is ... not all there, in some way, right? I mean, I read about it and saw a whole bunch of clips on YouTube, and quite quickly became slightly uncomfortable rather than finding it funny. Or is this just a reaction I'm having because this documentary has James Franco and Seth Rogen attached to it and I rather dislike both of them for some reason?

Comment

From what I've read, the film (which is a dramatisation, rather than a documentary) is quite sympathetic, in the same way Ed Wood was. Tommy Wiseau as inept visionary.

Comment

Ha ha. Finally got around to seeing this. Great fun and James Franco is terrific as Wiseau.

Fräulein Pepys--who reluctantly came along and has never seen The Room--is now going around saying, "I did not hit her. I did naaaaahhht."

Comment

Working...
                      X