Saddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saddles

Guy Potger wrote: Anyhoo. Far more importantly - can anyone identify which airline Russ Conway’s been flying with in the original post?
    Con-Air?
    Russels Airlines?

Comment

Saddles

WOM wrote:
      Originally posted by WOM
      Originally posted by Guy Potger
      Originally posted by WOM
      It's an adverbial conjunction.

When you use however, furthermore or therefore as intensifiers or for emphasis, you need commas around both sides of them.

We, however, do not agree with the verdict.
      No it’s not it’s essential to the meaning of the sentence - and not used as an intensifier - as it could have been written “Sometimes I wonder…” without losing any of its meaning. The “in fact” is, er, “in fact” a parenthesis. Whereas the “sometimes” is not.
      You're mistaken. It's exactly the same. If it weren't essential to the sentence, you wouldn't have included it.
      Or, rather, 'he' wouldn't have included it. Here I am blaming you for Stumpy's shit sentence...
      He made his point accurately, coherently, and concisely. There was nothing “shit” about the sentence, I was just indulging in a piece of idle fancy.

However, it’s “…” and not “...”. (Unless you’re [sic] keyboard doesn’t support it of course.)

Comment

Saddles

Pedant's of the world unite.

Comment

Saddles

WOM wrote:
          Originally posted by treibeis
          Because, if I am, I might be worth a fucking fortune.
          Not sure about that one. I reckon both are right.

Comment

Saddles

Guy Potger wrote:
            There’s no reason for you to be lumbered with it though…
            I take full responsibility for mismanaging my own expectations.

Comment

Saddles

Guy Potger wrote: Anyhoo. Far more importantly - can anyone identify which airline Russ Conway’s been flying with in the original post?
              Sadd-El Al?

Comment

Saddles

treibeis wrote: My mother's maiden name was Brooks. I wonder, sometimes, whether I'm related to the Brooks who founded the Brooks saddle company.

Because if I am, I might be worth a fucking fortune.
                You'd turn your back on the money and walk away, disgusted at how the old family firm has demeaned itself in recent years by chasing the cycle hipster market.

Bike saddles don't count, anyway. That's something you'd ask a child to make to while away the time on a short car journey.

Comment

Saddles

treibeis wrote:
                  Originally posted by WOM
                  Originally posted by treibeis
                  Because, if I am, I might be worth a fucking fortune.
                  Not sure about that one. I reckon both are right.
                  Could be. If you find out you're a saddle millionaire, call me and we'll discuss plans for world domination of the indoor crazy golf market.

Comment

Saddles

Toby Gymshorts wrote: Pedant's of the world unite.
                    I’d rather think of us as the “Pedants of the World Unit”.

Comment

Saddles

Benjm wrote: You'd turn your back on the money and walk away, disgusted at how the old family firm has demeaned itself in recent years by chasing the cycle hipster market.
                      Is that what they - or, most probably, 'we' - have been doing? I thought we only made great big wide things, with springs the size and weight of chimney stacks.

indoor crazy golf
                      Only wankers play that.

Comment

Saddles

Exactly. And we'll take $12 off each and every one of them.

Comment

Saddles

treibeis wrote:
                          Originally posted by Benjm
                          You'd turn your back on the money and walk away, disgusted at how the old family firm has demeaned itself in recent years by chasing the cycle hipster market.
                          Is that what they - or, most probably, 'we' - have been doing? I thought we only made great big wide things, with springs the size and weight of chimney stacks.
                          The luggage & baskets section of the current catalogue boasts items christened Hackney, Dalston, Brick Lane, Hoxton, Brixton and - for the older audience - Hampstead and Islington.

Where do you stand on outdoor mini golf courses with retractable roofing?

Comment

Saddles

Benjm wrote: Where do you stand on outdoor mini golf courses with retractable roofing?
                            I call them 'indoor mini golf courses with retractable roofing'.

And we'll take $12 off each and every one of them.
                            I'd give them the same amount just to fuck off. A wanker-free working day is more important than inflated prices for wankers.

I did a similar thing two or three times in the summer. Wankers were being wankers on the golf course. I asked them to stop being wankers. They didn't do what I asked. So I gave them their money back and told them to sling their hook. And they did.

Comment

Saddles

Toby Gymshorts wrote: Pedant's of the world unite.
                              *Pedants

Comment

Saddles

treibeis wrote:
                                Originally posted by Benjm
                                Where do you stand on outdoor mini golf courses with retractable roofing?
                                I call them 'indoor mini golf courses with retractable roofing'.

And we'll take $12 off each and every one of them.
                                I'd give them the same amount just to fuck off. A wanker-free working day is more important than inflated prices for wankers.

I did a similar thing two or three times in the summer. Wankers were being wankers on the golf course. I asked them to stop being wankers. They didn't do what I asked. So I gave them their money back and told them to sling their hook. And they did.
                                These wankers on the golf course. After you'd seen them off, did you have to sluice it down with disinfectant?

Comment

Saddles

Thanks for the useless grammatical advice by the way.

I'm too much of a gentleman to point out all your typographical and grammatical errors.

Comment

Saddles

Huh? Wha....oh, yeah. No worries.

Comment

Saddles

Three pages. A throw-away comment about a pianist now best remembered for a honky-tonk style no. 1 single in the '50s.

Three pages. Three fucking pages. Count 'em. Three.

(and Stumpy? Yes. I know. That was rather the point.)

Comment

Saddles

Frankly, I can't tell if you're pleased or disgusted.

Comment

Saddles

Balderdasha wrote:
                                          Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts
                                          Pedant's of the world unite.
                                          *Pedants
                                          Beautifully done.

Comment

Saddles

WOM wrote: Frankly, I can't tell if you're pleased or disgusted.
                                            Just resigned.

Comment

Working...
                                            X