Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look out Vegas - Break out BTO!

Comment

Apparently Burton Cummings is booked in to sing the National anthem if we make the finals. So there's that to look forward to.

Comment

Remarkable for Nashville, which has had the best defense, to get blown out at home in such a big game.

Comment

They lost three games at home to the Jets. Rinne looked a shadow of his former self at times, but he wasn't helped by the fact that Winnipeg can just pour goals on you almost at will.

Now my Bruins are out, I'm on the Jets bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
            They lost three games at home to the Jets. Rinne looked a shadow of his former self at times, but he wasn't helped by the fact that Winnipeg can just pour goals on you almost at will.

Now my Bruins are out, I'm on the Jets bandwagon.
            I figured there would've been at least one game that wasn't a four-goaler. I can't remember many times a team won 3 away from home. I think the Isles did it against Pittsburgh in that amazing 1993 series.

Congrats AG.

What a frozen four:

Tampa Bay v Washington
            Winnepeg v Vegas

Comment

Tempting fate, etc, but tell me we aren't the best out of those four on performance so far.

That said, I could see us running out of gas. 7 games v. Nashville has to take a lot out of the tank.

Comment

Every word of this is correct.

Comment

Caps destroying Tampa Bay in Game One.

Comment

Watching Canada/Finland in a group game of the World Championships (live on Freesports). i love watching Finland, they only know how to play at 200mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                      Watching Canada/Finland in a group game of the World Championships (live on Freesports). i love watching Finland, they only know how to play at 200mph.
                      Whereas we have to pay to see it.

Comment

Winnipeg off to a very fast start. First goal at 1:05, second on a power play.

Comment

These are not your elder siblings' Washington Capitals

Comment

It's almost as if they have got a massive hoodoo off their back.

Comment

Vegas level the series against Winnipeg. From the highlights they seemed to do it despite Marc-Andre Fleury rather than because of him.

Comment

Flower stole it for Vegas last night.

Comment

He's in the Jets heads now. They are really going to do it, aren't they?

Comment

Sweden win the World Championships, beating Switzerland in a penalty shoot out after a 2-2 draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      Sweden win the World Championships, beating Switzerland in a penalty shoot out after a 2-2 draw.
                                      Brilliant game too.

Comment

Yes, I only saw the latter half or so but it was compelling stuff.

Comment

Vegas are going to the Finals.

Condolences to Gramsci, who will always have sumo.

Comment

Vegas going to the finals doesn't feel like a Cinderella story as much as it feels like the NHL is just shit and boring now.

Comment

The NHL's certainly a shit organisation, but that's been true for decades. Boring's more subjective, I find the EPL boring but millions disagree. I do think that trying to achieve team parity over such a long season has turned some people off (like me) but, again, I don't know how many. As noted upthread I wonder if the success of Vegas, and the almost as surprising lack of same in Edmonton, will lead fans — and teams — to question the importance of high draft picks. If so that might be a good thing.

Comment

i also have an MLS Cup, so to be honest a deep Jets run felt greedy. But yeah, too bad. That Jets team had a ton of great chemistry, I think they will hold most of it together for next year though so fingers crossed.

Comment

And we will have a Game Seven in Tampa on Wednesday

Comment

It got real quiet in Tampa after that second goal.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X