No announcement yet.

Hot Ice: NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first moved back from NOLA, it was nice to see Henrique knock the Rangers out of the playoffs.

We trade him, and finally make the playoffs.

I always liked Keith Kinkaid, because he has a Daniel Riccardo smile. It used to mean, "I'm just having fun and doing my best geewillikers."

Now it means "I can't wait to get another win tonight."

Comment

What an ending.

Comment

Game highlights.

(Apologies. I've got something in my eye.)

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
          Game highlights.

(Apologies. I've got something in my eye.)
          All that, and then some.

I don't want to say Jeteresque, but Sedinesque.

Comment

And CSKA goes Devils-Style and wins two 1-goalers in a row, 2-1 and 1-0 to go up 3-2 on SKA. (Devs 4:3 Pens March 23, Devs 2:1 Tampa March 24, Devs 4:3 Hurricanes March 27, Devs 4:3 Isles March 31, Devs 2:1 Canadiens April 1, Devs 2:1 Leafs April 5.)

Winner to face AK Bars of Kazakhstan in the final, after they swept the Traktor of Chelyabinsk.

Comment

Did you watch it on Freesports? Even though it was a 1-0 game, it was a belter.

They've been showing the SHL playoffs too.

Comment

Flyers blow the Rangers up 5-0, and the East is all set for teams. Panthers Out.

Blues will play at Colorado for the 8th seed. Blues get to OT, they're in. The Avs win in regulation, they're in.

The Devs and Caps are in a weird situation, where if the Devs lose, they play the Lightning. If they win against the Caps, they get to play the Caps.

Comment

Jets, 11-1-0 in their last 12 (despite Laine scoring only 1 goal in last 10 games), are buoyed by a surprise Snoop endorsement.

Comment

The EIHL Final between Cardiff Devils and Sheffield Steelers is being shown live now on the BBC Sport site and platforms.

Comment

Game 5 - Series tied 2-2 betwixt CSKA and SKA
                      Some outstanding "How the F did that not go in" plays - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5llw62LYdM

Game 6 -
                      HOT SAX SOLO to start the vid
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ8xNfOIqoA
                      Can't find a better highlights vid, but the fans are pretty cool.

Let's just say it went better than the team playing Arsenal in the Europa.
                      Last edited by jason voorhees; 09-04-2018, 01:44.

Comment

I’m genuinely shocked that Vlad let this happen.

SKA exceeded the salary cap by more than six times without any sanction, all to bring him an Olympic gold (which they got) and a Gagarin Cup (which is now gone). CSKA are very much a regime club, but they aren’t From Putin’s hometown.

Comment

Bruins blow getting first place in the Conference and home ice advantage throughout the playoffs (until the Finals). Bah. Fume. Etc.

Comment

The day after the Lightning provided them with the opportunity after doing the same.

It is almost as if each team would rather play Toronto than New Jersey.

Comment

Not sure why the Bruins would rather lay Toronto. After the things the Maple Laffs have done to help Boston, the Bruins have a shed load of ill luck due.

Comment

Can't find a video online - actually, just have on deadspin.

Johannsen's 2nd save for CSKA on Datsyuk in OT may be the greatest save I've ever seen, in terms of "How the F did he save that?" The first one was brilliant as well.

https://deadspin.com/pavel-datsyuk-g...out-1825103370

As a Dev, I'm happier to play the Lightning than the Bruins. For one, we match up a bit better (going undefeated against them doesn't hurt,) two, I can't remember EVER beating the Bruins this decade, and three, I fucking hate losing to Boston so if we lose to a cool team and cool city like Tampa it won't give as much heartburn.

Comment

It isn’t until the last angle that I had any idea how he stopped that.

That angle demonstrates that the save was the product of the secret Russian programme to produce goaltenders with carbon fiber groin muscles.

Comment

I've got to say this, before there is a jinx/shit/thing: Vegas Knights won last night. Either it's a thing, orit's not, but either way... when the day happens that this team wins... there will be nothing like it. ('Im indoors bought a fucking Knights doormat.)

So, there. I suspect that someone will outhit them in the semis, and maybe, maybe not... Marc Fleury has won 63 times in the postseason.

1-0.

Comment

Only three other NHL teams have recorded a shutout in their first playoff series.

The New York Rangers in 1927 (a decade after the formation of the league, when the playoffs before the Final were home and away series decided on aggregate goals), and the 1967-68 St Louis Blues and LA Kings (when the league doubled in size and their half of the bracket was comprised entirely of other expansion clubs).

Comment

This whole NHL/Snoop tie-up is a little weird.

Comment

That’s “little” in Manitoban.

Comment

Vegas, Winnipeg, Tampa Bay and Nashville all hold serve, taking a 2-0 series lead at home.

Boston seeks to match them tonight.

Comment

Bruins were entertaining tonight. It was like they didn't *need* to be orcs.

Jets-Bruins is going to be a hell of a final.

Comment

Looks like the Jets' world domination may be delayed a bit . . .

Comment

Well that was Drazen Petrovic hitting the 3 against the Cavs.

Couldn't f'n sleep all night.

Funny how "I wish I was in Newark" could be an actual sentence these days.

Comment

KHL Garagin Cup Finals

Game 1
                                                    AK Bars of Kazakhstan scores first. CSKA of Moscow ties it. AK Bars of Kazakhstan scores second. AK Bars wins 2-1.

Game 2
                                                    AK Bars of Kazakhstan scores first. CSKA of Moscow ties it. AK Bars of Kazakhstan scores second. AK Bars wins 2-1.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X