• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Ice: NHL 15/16

And it is a three game series.

Comment

Riine's belly flop forearm slap gave my goosebumps some goosebumps. You have to wonder if it will be looked upon as the goalie Bobby Orr dive in years to come.

I thought after the Game 1 win, if nothing else, at least the Preds had one great memory when the series meant something. Kind of like the Cavs going up 2-1 during their Delly Days.

Now...now...they have something to lose. Now it's going to hurt if they don't win it.

It's amazing when a series with a 13-goal margin of victory in 4 games could be so engrossing. It's like the drama of the Argentinian league, when games are so amped up and emotional that 1 goal often becomes 3 or 4. What's helped is most been tight until late in the 2nd or the 3rd, when the floodgates open. Or the reverse in Game 1. Also, in every game it's been tied with goals scored, either at 1-1 or 3-3. It will now be interesting if both teams put on a feeding frenzy in the same game.

Who knows. It's too weird and unwieldy to figure out.

Comment

Reminds me a bit of the Canucks-Bruins series in 2011. First two games won by the home side in... not exactly fortunate circumstances, but riding their luck a little bit, followed by two blowouts to tie the series.

Comment

First time since 2011 that the home team has won the first four, as it so happens.

The Finnish call of Rinne's series of ridiculous saves is magic.

Comment

I can't recall a goalie being as bipolar as Pekka in Nashville vs. Pittsburgh Pekka.

Which doesn't bode well for Game Seven, assuming the Preds get there.

Comment

Should this bipolar series continue to 7, I'd have to think the last game would be good. Nothing to lose and all that, but who knows.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: First time since 2011 that the home team has won the first four, as it so happens.

The Finnish call of Rinne's series of ridiculous saves is magic.
                I don't recognise the commentator. With that level of hysteria it ought to be the legendary Antero Mertaranta, but it ain't. At least he's got a decent replacement for when he eventually retires.

Comment

Preds absolutely jobbed of a goal by a quick whistle.

Comment

Indeed.

I hope justice is done.

Comment

"I hope justice is done" = I want this shit to go at least another game.

It's now at the fucking awesome stage.

Comment

The Buffalo Sabres howl at your concept of "Justice".

Comment

Well, we Jersey Devils were so offended at what happened to the Dominator that we took the cup from DallAss as soon as we could.

JASON ARNOTT REPRESENT

The longer this goes 0-0, I would have to figure the Pens jammy skank shitty-win percentage goes way up. I want a game 7, howevs.

Comment

Not a curse, not a whammy I put.

I take no responsibility for the truth.

BULLSHIT

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm......

......MMMAAAAYYYBBEEEEEE.....

He did push his arm.

Comment

Ok.

Refs gave them the title.

Referees = Stanley Cup Champions 2017.

(I have a colic chewie to chew on as I need my diaper changed. Congrats to the bastard team who are unbelievably good.)

Comment

Yeah. Don't dislike penguins at all, but that really sucks for Nashville. It's tarnished.

Comment

Vegas expansion draft tomorrow.

Comment

Who knew? Jim Benning can think outside the box. Canucks pick Elias Pettersson with their fifth choice. The 18-year-old centre tore up the Swedish League this year finishing ninth in scoring. He's a couple of years or so away from NHL ready but projects to be one of the best of his generation. Not super fast, but features excellent range of shots and, by all accounts, an excellent hockey brain. The Nux already have winger Jonathan Dahlen, who's his best mate. So when the Sedins retire there's a another Scandi combo waiting in the wings to replace them. I'll contain my excitement, but this looks good.

Comment

Meanwhile, second round pick Kole Lind has Athlete Portrait of the Year on Instagram

Comment

Is this true: the guy on the sports news has said that overtime next season will be 5 minutes of 3 v 3, and then a penalty shootout?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                            Is this true: the guy on the sports news has said that overtime next season will be 5 minutes of 3 v 3, and then a penalty shootout?
                                            Not sure. They've talked about that for a while and the ECHL, I believe, does that. Sounds ok. They want to reduce the number of games going to shootout, but aren't ready to just get rid of the shootout as they should.

Comment

Is this the current Ice Hockey thread still (if so, it needs renaming and Kevin S will have to rule on it's eligibility)?

Anyway, this Sunday I am off to my local side Guildford Flames' home UK top flight debut for an Elite League Knockout Cup fixture.

It's a little tricky as they're hosting reigning League and Cup champions Cardiff Devils who are my first side so I'll be in the away end.

The Devils picked up their first ever Champions Hockey League win at the weekend (at their fourth attempt) with a 4-3 overtime victory over HC Davos, they've been tonked in the other three fixtures so far though.
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 06-09-2017, 12:58.

Comment

So, hockey, then.

Haven't really been paying attention yet. There's a pre-season game between the Sabres and Penguins happening hear tonight, but I declined the opportunity to buy a ticket for my regular seat. I went last year when it was Wild-Sabres and felt like it wasn't good value for the money.

In other news, the Flames owners and Calgary's politicians are doing the usual stare-down over a new arena.
                                                More info here.
                                                http://calgaryherald.com/

Comment

This year's pre-season officiating offensive is about policing face offs, so if you thought last year was bad . . .

The Canucks may be historically bad.

Comment

I don't remember what they did last year so I have nothing to compare it to.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X