Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
    Teams
    Penn State, Cincinnati Reds, State College Spikes
    Biscuit
    Girl Scout Thin Mints
    Actor
    Patton Oswalt
    Totems is kind of a dumb name anyway. Totem is derived from an Ojibwe word and they didn’t live anywhere near Seattle. And it would basically be calling the team the Fightin’ Symbols.

Teams
    Dumbarton
    Biscuit
    Trio
    Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Totems or Thunderbirds could work with the support of the local tribes.

I confess that I don't know to what extent (if any) they have been involved with the current WHL team.

I think these are quite sharp (the shoulder crest is that of the Metropolitans, though re-coloured)

I assume that Marvel would shut down Ironmen very quickly.
    Thunderbirds are already a team (Seattle's WHL side) so I'd expect that to be a no go. I know you have the NY and Kitchener Rangers but still.

Surprised to see the Avs doing so well. I suppose having 3 genuinely elite players in Landeskog, MacKinnon and now Rantanen is great but I was never overly convinced with their depth, defence or goaltending. They were my team in the Channel 5 days, although I picked up an interest in the Habs to annoy my hockey friends (2 Leafs and 1 Blackhawks fan).

Some upheaval in the EIHL in the past couple of weeks. A few players moving on, either to other leagues or being released. Cardiff seem to have hit some form troubles and Sheffield aren't the team they'd hope to be this year despite changing coach. Strangely enough Paul Thompson is doing pretty well over in Schwenniger following his Steelers sacking - his Wild Wings team beat my Adler Mannheim in the local Neckar derby. My own team (Clan) aren't consistent enough but anything is better than last year's disaster under John Tripp.

From a UK hockey perspective, young Kirk has bagged a few more points in Peterboro and is looking like he's settling in after an extended cold streak. Not sure if we'll be able to call him up for the worlds next year, although I don't see the Petes being genuine post season candidates. We've got a fair few older players and have lost a couple to retirement. It'll be interesting to see who Pete Russell calls up to his final squad. Perlini has been quiet for Nottingham this year but was a major player for us in Group A last time out. Bowns isnt in great club form right now but is assured the starting role. O'Connor is back in Sheffield so will have plenty of ice time between now and next year in Slovakia. Big worry is whether or not Dowd can recover from his injury and regain some form because we're not blessed with offence. Russell will perhaps be looking to bring Craig Peacock back into the GB side as he's now his club coach with us. Shields is still around but Dave Clarke is gone and I don't see Brendan Brooks being a part of the squad as a 40 year old who has been cut from his 2nd EIHL side of the season. Balance that up with Mike Hammond who will undoubtedly be expected to provide offence.

Next game I'll go to in person will be Adler Mannheim v Augsburg Panthers next Friday night, with a Bundesliga game on the Saturday and another trip to the SAP for Mannheim v Ingolstadt on Sunday.

The front line in the battle of red v. grey
    Teams
    Carlisle United, Liverpool, Bootle.
    Biscuit
    Tunnocks caramel wafer
    Actor
    A fat Ian Hislop
    As noted in this weekends matchgoing thread over in football, I was lucky enough to be at Red Bull München v Adler Mannheim today, and if your next top of the table clash with Augsburg is as good as this one (with the same outcome, obv) then you’ll have a great time next weekend BSF.