Hot Ice: NHL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't really matter

Any game featuring half a dozen "faceoff violation" penalties is going to be excruciating

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
      This year's pre-season officiating offensive is about policing face offs, so if you thought last year was bad . . .

The Canucks may be historically bad.
      Nah. They'll be better. Maybe not a lot but somewhat.

Comment

Doesn't really matter

Any game featuring half a dozen "faceoff violation" penalties is going to be excruciating
        I thought bearing down on slashing was the big thing this pre-season.

Comment

I suppose I can turn this thread into a generic hockey one.

Swedish Hockey League started tonight, with a game on FreeSports (Freeview channel 95). Växjö Lakers vs Brynäs IF. An excellent game finished 3-3 after OT with Växjö winning the shootout. Another live SHL game on Thursday (6pm, Brynäs vs HV71 in a repeat of last years Finals) and the LA Kings / Vancouver Canucks game from Beijing will be shown live at 8.30am on Saturday.

I think the Kings / Canucks game from Shanghai is live on the parent channel, Premier Sports.

Comment

It's the Nux old guard. They (and probably the Kings) have split the squad into two groups. Vets have gone to China, while rookies and try-outs are playing pre-season at home. Much talk locally about how many of the China team are playing for their places.

Comment

The quality of play will be higher in the Swedish League than in NHL pre-season, especially in China.
              Last edited by ursus arctos; 04-10-2017, 23:31.

Comment

I might have watched it over cornflakes but I'm working the stall on Saturday. So I'm clearly going to be missing even less than I thought.

Comment

The NHL Season started 30 minutes ago.

I’m not ready for this.

They just called an illegal visor penalty on the Leafs. I’m really not ready for this.

Comment

#PlanTheParade

Better stake out your spot now, WOM

The price of lawn chairs at Costco is only going up from here.

Comment

I think from the nearby cheers (although the game is on blackout) that the Golden Knights just won.

Comment

The Knights win their first home game 5-2 over the Coyotes. I have not kept up with this for years, so have no idea how good/bad Phoenix and Dallas currently are.

*I missed a game out: they beat Arizona in overtime, and are 3-0-0.
                        Last edited by Gerontophile; 11-10-2017, 05:35.

Comment

Having watched the Sabres / Devils game on Monday, I can say that the Golden Knights will be much better than Buffalo. Though to be honest, I think the Sabres might struggle against my local rec team.
                          Last edited by Snake Plissken; 11-10-2017, 08:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                            The Knights win their first home game 5-2 over the Coyotes. I have not kept up with this for years, so have no idea how good/bad Phoenix and Dallas currently are.

*I missed a game out: they beat Arizona in overtime, and are 3-0-0.
                            The Coyotes are terrible — one point less terrible than the Canucks last season — but seriously awful.

Comment

#PlanTheParade

Better stake out your spot now, WOM

The price of lawn chairs at Costco is only going up from here.
                              I wouldn't even know how to participate in such a thing. It's never happened in my lifetime, and I'd have bet even money that it never would.

Comment

First ever Australian NHL player gets a goal!

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...ngton-capitals

Comment

Las Vegas beat Chicago Blackhawks to go 7-1-0.

Las Vegas Golden Knights are about to become a huge freakin deal in Las Vegas.

Until they lose a couple in a row.

Comment

Whatever happens to the Nux this year — and whatever it is it'll almost certainly be a lot better than most people predicted — they've uncovered the real deal in Brock Boeser. At 11 goals 21 points, so far, he's looking like Calder Trophy material, with a wrist shot we haven't seen the like of since Paul Kariya's.

Comment

The younger Sedin got his thousandth point last night. A pretty goal set up from a nifty pass from the Brockster. The new star passing to the old one, kinda poetic. Expect a full celebration this Saturday when Vancouver host the Leafs coast-to-coast on HNIC.

Comment

Two weeks ago, the Habs were torched by the Leafs 6-0 on Hockey Night in Canada

Tonight, they are leasing Detroit 8-0 in the third.

If Illitch wasn’t already dead, this one might have killed him.
                                        Last edited by ursus arctos; 03-12-2017, 03:39.

Comment

Really bad Bryan Adams concert last night, with some warm up band in red beating up a team with a big C on their chests 3-0.

Highlights Here

Comment

The highlight of that game is that I'll be adding the Habs' special toque to my collection. Everything else stank.

Comment

We're screwed. Boeser injured against the Flames last night. Which means all three of our top line are out for several weeks. Throw in Tanev (our best D man) and Sutter our leading defensive forward and we're facing a ugly period.

Comment

How much longer are these outdoor games going to be a thing, do we think?

Comment

Til everyone gets one I think at least. Navy is hosting a Caps one later this year.

Comment

Some teams have been featured several times and many have yet to participate.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X