Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgotten Feuds

Dunno

I tended to avoid anything that nef said on Arsenal.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Toro Toro wrote:
      Originally posted by Jongudmund
      On a non-OTF front did Blur and Oasis ever bury the hatchet? That all seems so long ago and stupid now.
      Twenty years to the day since WTSMG? was released.

God, I feel old.
      First album I bought in a shop (I owned a couple of others that had come through Britannia). It was on my 13th birthday and in Woolworths, Newmarket. Which of course no longer exists.

I suppose it's technically (WTS?)MG isn't it? The fake Wonderwall intro and "Wipe the shit from your shoes" in the opener were quite exciting for someone in year 8.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Year 8?

What's that in proper money?

1st yr senior school?

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

2nd

A lot of schools now talk of years 12 and 13 instead of lower and upper VI you know.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Kevchenko wrote: 2nd

A lot of schools now talk of years 12 and 13 instead of lower and upper VI you know.
            I blame Thatcher...

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Jongudmund wrote: On a non-OTF front did Blur and Oasis ever bury the hatchet? That all seems so long ago and stupid now.
              It seemed stupid at the time too.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

This place is a lot nicer than it was in the days of SSS. It feels like it's possible to disagree with people without it necessarily immediately becoming personal.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Lucy Waterman wrote: This place is a lot nicer than it was in the days of SSS. It feels like it's possible to disagree with people without it necessarily immediately becoming personal.
                  You can fuck off and die if you genuinely think that, cuntbubble.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

"DO BETTER"

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Lucy Waterman wrote: "DO BETTER"
                        Point taken

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

It's funny but there seemed to be a thing on here where people said not to criticise people who weren't on here because they couldn't defend themselves. I didn't agree with it particularly and it seems that it wasn't a universal rule.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Meh. If you flounce, it's open season. Probably still not good to speak ill of the dead, though.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Revisiting the white smoke thread was fun. I was relieved to find that it wasn't one of the "not my finest hour" threads. And I'm pleased I got the last word, on the subject of Mungo Jerry.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

I like the thought that you can just post "Mungo Jerry" to kill a particularly poisonous thread like some sort of safe word. I think I might start using it.
                                WOM wrote: Meh. If you flounce, it's open season. Probably still not good to speak ill of the dead, though.
                                Well, SSS (and Wyatt, in the past) seems to be getting it although they are both big enough and ugly enough to take what they handed out.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

I haven't been to a Mungo Jerry gig since about 1985, although I understand the band still perform regularly in the Netherlands.

SSS used to say he was quite mellow in real life, certainly compared with his mate John who edits the Quietus. Sorry, the OTF handle escapes me.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Duncan Gardner wrote: SSS used to say he was quite mellow in real life, certainly compared with his mate John who edits the Quietus. Sorry, the OTF handle escapes me.
                                    Carcass. Or in latter days Gas-Filled Dolphin Carcass.

I miss his posts a lot, even if he did (righteously) tear strips off me for having incorrect opinions about Sunn O)))

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

SSS was brilliant on here - it helped that I agreed with at least 90% of what he said. He took no prisoners, but didn't expect kid gloves in return either. Which was fair enough.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

If you agreed with 90% of what he said, there was very little likelihood of him responding to everything you typed by calling you a cunt. It did get a bit tiresome.

Carcass was a great bloke, in real life and on here (I only say "was" cos I haven't seen him in years).

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Duncan Gardner wrote: SSS used to say he was quite mellow in real life
                                          A keyboard warrior, in other words.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Super Sharp Shooter was, and is, fucking brilliant. Youse are all fucking idiots.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

That moment halfway through when you realize how creepy and disappointing it is to be pissing on the pope's corpse.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

And that moment just after that when a bunch of very angry men with medieval weapons in orange and blue striped uniforms are bearing down on you in an unfriendly manner.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

There's a famous 60s picture of Pele visiting the Vatican and standing right next to him in the shot is one of the Swiss Guard(s). The thing is, this chap looks absolutely, spookily identical to Benny Hill - and I'm talking Benny Hill as he would have been in the 60s, so the same sort of age too.

So whenever I think of the Swiss Guard now I think of them moving in packs at a fast forward pace chasing nuns or something.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

decent opportunity for Archer reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb4dqHXG8j0

Comment

Working...
                                                    X