Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgotten Feuds

That White Smoke thread. Wow.
    The SSS/ Morgan/ whole Cadaver pissing-on thing is hilarious.
    On an American techie board some punter reckoned we should all respect the office if not the Prez himself.
    I think I was the only one asking 'why?'

I liked SSS, even if he did call me a cunt. He did say that my heart was 'in the right place' though.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

The most striking thing about "White Smoke" is Berba's ideas about what a really good Pope would look like.

He must be loving Bergoglio.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

I should probably add a warning that the link goes directly to SSS's rather forceful opener. (edit - done)

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

meh, the current pope is like Diarmuid Martin, a pleasant sounding vaguely plausible front man for a bunch of pretty nasty geriatrics, who spend their time telling seventy year olds not to use condoms or have abortions, firing gay teachers, shoring up their influence over education and healthcare, and dodging the bill for sheltering paedophiles. And when he's pushed on a position, he toes the horrible Party line.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

meregreen wrote: The most ferocious rows I can remember were between Super Sharp Shooter and Toro. They usually started (or at least ended up) being about religion. High quality debating, outstanding personal abuse. You could have sold tickets for some of their spats.
            Was it SSS and Toro primarily? I always thought it was more Wyatt and Toro but could be wrong.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

We disagreed robustly and often, but always got along well I think. Apart from, you know, brief temporary periods of annoyance. Never what I'd have termed a "feud".

As it should be.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Urine-based defilement of the corpses of famous dead people has been something of a longstanding OTF tradition. We couldn't even be bothered waiting for Cilla Black to pass away before we were at it with her.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Thatcher-urinating began years and years prior to her death. There was a queue at one point.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

I liked SSS, especially on Music, and think he was a big loss to the board. I seem to be in a tiny minority in never having a cross word with him either.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

The most ferocious rows I can remember were between Super Sharp Shooter and Toro. They usually started (or at least ended up) being about religion. High quality debating, outstanding personal abuse. You could have sold tickets for some of their spats.

well that's one way of remembering it.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Who was it Nef2 was having a go at about pissy knickers? He was following him from thread to thread about it.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

On a non-OTF front did Blur and Oasis ever bury the hatchet? That all seems so long ago and stupid now.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Some of the stuff SSS said was well over the line, and his presence was poisonous. Because he was good on many things he got a pass for his Mourinhoesque excesses. I'm glad he's not here anymore.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Yeah, I never got into it with him, because I avoid endless arguments on here, and most of the threads that had fights were on topics that didn't really interest me.

But I remember there being a lot of "well, once you meet SSS in person, he's a good guy." Which wasn't very helpful to people not living in Britain and who probably would never meet him. So to me, he just seemed like a really unpleasant online persona, even when I was agreeing with things he was writing.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Jongudmund wrote: On a non-OTF front did Blur and Oasis ever bury the hatchet? That all seems so long ago and stupid now.
                                Twenty years to the day since WTSMG? was released.

God, I feel old.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Jongudmund wrote: On a non-OTF front did Blur and Oasis ever bury the hatchet? That all seems so long ago and stupid now.
                                  I'd like to think that at some point noel gallagher or Jarvis cocker are going to beat alex james to death, and feed him to his organic pigs.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

On Facebook I see SSS a lot when he comments on mutual friends' posts, and he seems all right, though I didn't always think so on here. I think he was being intentionally obtuse about leaving children by themselves in the Madeleine McCann discussion, equating going off to a restaurant in a different building not at home with just using the bathroom in one's own home.
                                    But I think there's a tradition on OTF or maybe in the UK of liking to argue for its own sake---OTF's Voldemort had something along those lines as an interest on his profile, for example.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Who was it Nef2 was having a go at about pissy knickers? He was following him from thread to thread about it.
                                      It was Harry.

Who nef2 insisted on calling "Truscott", which made about much sense as the rest of the abuse.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

I never figured out, was Nefertiti Male or female?

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

SSS was properly funny as well. I miss him being here, though he still makes good contributions to a lot of FB threads I see around about the place.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

I always assumed that nef was/is male, though I don't think I can point to conclusive evidence.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Being willfully obtuse in arguments, resurrecting perceived slights repeatedly out of context, trolling by being holier-than-thou, and simply arguing on the internet itself are all major Man Qualities.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Nef was quite rude to me on a thread once. So the next day I pointed out that he'd been rude, and he apologized. It's probably why he flounced.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

Nef was mostly sound but strangely prickly and precious on certain subjects - Arsenal and academic life mainly. Figures.

Comment

Forgotten Feuds

ursus arctos wrote: I always assumed that nef was/is male, though I don't think I can point to conclusive evidence.
                                                    I think he once linked to a YouTube video of himself doing a monologue about an Arsenal goal, or possibly a wrongful refereeing decision, didn't he?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X