No announcement yet.

Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's quite clever to combine it with broader issues on animal welfare, I think. People having to give up pets when they move is a problem.

Comment

Look at this shit.

Comment

No sense at all that we're fully involved in "Brussels".

"Some lobby group" of course is totally unlike Johnson basing sections of his speech on what James Dyson told him.

Comment

Who is this?

Comment

Let's not retread tactical political arguments here.

But should the Foreign Secretary be able to bullshit about immigrants holding down wages, without getting an extremely huge rocket from the Opposition?

If this isn't tackled, how do you persuade people they'll be worse off with Hard Brexit? Lots will understandably think "yeah, but at least my wages won't be dragged down".

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
              Who is this?
              The Foreign Secretary.

Comment

I'm on the wrong thread, aren't I?

Comment

LABOUR SOCIAL MEDIA GAME IS STRONG pic.twitter.com/MLVFHR7DVj

Need Tubby's tweet embedding skills.
                  Last edited by Nefertiti2; 14-02-2018, 21:17.

Comment

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/963843288724684800

Comment

One of the advantages of doing this properly is that embedded media plays, one can follow threads, see responses, etc.

Comment

Thanks Ursus. Will you be running a workshop?

Comment

1) In Twitter, select "Copy Link to Tweet" (the top choice in the drop down that appears when one clicks on the downward facing arrow in the top right corner of a Tweet).

2) On OTF, click "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the Quick Reply box

3) In the expanded reply box, paste the link to Twitter between "Tweet" tags (in square brackets, with a backwards slash in the second one, just as with any other formatting tag).

No, there is no button for this. Yes, one does need to "Go Advanced"

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                            1) In Twitter, select "Copy Link to Tweet" (the top choice in the drop down that appears when one clicks on the downward facing arrow in the top right corner of a Tweet).

2) On OTF, click "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the Quick Reply box

3) In the expanded reply box, paste the link to Twitter between "Tweet" tags (in square brackets, with a backwards slash in the second one, just as with any other formatting tag).

No, there is no button for this. Yes, one does need to "Go Advanced"
                            like this you mean

https://twitter.com/JackParkesC4/status/963824904163528704

It WORKS! that's made me very happy!
                            Last edited by Nefertiti2; 14-02-2018, 22:12.

Comment

Well done, Nef.

I've given up. Going to be cut and paste of text from now on.

Comment

Do watch the video, though.

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/963789632885444608

Comment

That Labour ad Nef linked to was also shown on telly tonight to capture the old codger demographic. I found it emotionally manipulative and a bit grating, but party political broadcasts tend to be I guess. I thought the NHS-themed one from a few weeks back was much better though.

Comment

Why does it only capture the "old codger" demographic? doesn't it also capture the "people with teenage kids" demographic? and indeed the "people with kids" demographic? and some of the "just old enough to vote" demographic?

Anyway we're going to need everyone to vote labour. Including "old codgers"?

Comment

meanwhile at The Sun....

https://twitter.com/Manish_05Singh/status/963904859589267457

Comment

Professor Anthony Glees there is from guess which university?

Comment

Actually, Glees thinks Johnson is a moron who was talking out of his arse today. He's not all bad.

Comment

Given anyone over the age of 18 when the berlin wall fell is pushing 50 now, and marxism-leninism is the hot new trend among teens, it's kind of amazing that the Sun still think there's mileage in red baiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                              Why does it only capture the "old codger" demographic? doesn't it also capture the "people with teenage kids" demographic? and indeed the "people with kids" demographic? and some of the "just old enough to vote" demographic?

Anyway we're going to need everyone to vote labour. Including "old codgers"?
                                              Good grief, way to read more into my words than is there. "Old codgers" (including on this occasion myself) who still watch the news on the BBC at teatime, as opposed to the presumably younger demographic who will see the ad on social media. It wasn't meant as a criticism.

Comment

Apologies, I misread the “ old codgers“ remark as being about the target for the ad because of some perceived demographic nostalgia about the old days, rather than people who watch tv news.

Comment

So I just got home from my first CLP meeting in over a year and if I hadn't made it a thing I'm going to definitely do more of it might be my last for a while. Yeah, it was a shambles. The killer was the meeting being in full flow - point 5 of a 10 point agenda - at 9.10pm when someone points out it was only booked until 9pm so can we wind it up?

Getting to point 5 involved the tortuous process of motion, amendment, point of order, vote, amendment, point of information, blah blah blah, sapping the will out of everyone but the hardest of cores.

The chair is a nice guy but fairly new to the job, and only doing it because the previous chair got made Mayor to sideline him, and he was constantly taking prompts from the secretary and the previous chair, which - depending on who was inconvenienced by that particular bit - attracted mutterings and head shakes from the left AND the right of the CLP, and a load of oldsters loudly whispering "what's going on?"

At the last meeting there was a contretemps and an investigation into that found no case to answer which seems to have caused the resignation of the treasurer, a scalp for the right, but the hurried end to the meeting meant it was all very stated as something that was happening, okay?

I can take 2 positives from the meeting: 4 new members attending for the first time in an attendance of over 100, and that Sally Keeble, PPC for Northampton North seems at least publicly on board with Commie Jam Man.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyDracula View Post
                                                    So I just got home from my first CLP meeting in over a year and if I hadn't made it a thing I'm going to definitely do more of it might be my last for a while. Yeah, it was a shambles. The killer was the meeting being in full flow - point 5 of a 10 point agenda - at 9.10pm when someone points out it was only booked until 9pm so can we wind it up?

Getting to point 5 involved the tortuous process of motion, amendment, point of order, vote, amendment, point of information, blah blah blah, sapping the will out of everyone but the hardest of cores.

The chair is a nice guy but fairly new to the job, and only doing it because the previous chair got made Mayor to sideline him, and he was constantly taking prompts from the secretary and the previous chair, which - depending on who was inconvenienced by that particular bit - attracted mutterings and head shakes from the left AND the right of the CLP, and a load of oldsters loudly whispering "what's going on?"

At the last meeting there was a contretemps and an investigation into that found no case to answer which seems to have caused the resignation of the treasurer, a scalp for the right, but the hurried end to the meeting meant it was all very stated as something that was happening, okay?

I can take 2 positives from the meeting: 4 new members attending for the first time in an attendance of over 100, and that Sally Keeble, PPC for Northampton North seems at least publicly on board with Commie Jam Man.
                                                    Sadly, often the experience of many. Lansman's great insight was to see that an awful lot of new members would not want to bother with all that - though of course, they should - and would want to take more direct action.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X