No announcement yet.

Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say, not only do I genuinely like Corbyn when he is noticeably not being a grandstanding patriotic cunt (as opposed to the pathetic tough-talkers), but I am pleased and relieved that he is the leader of the Opposition. Get patriots out of politics now, they are too dangerous for words.

Comment

^ Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyDracula View Post
        Article 54 seems to cover it - "the inspected state party has the right to retain portions of the sample or request duplicate samples, and be present when samples are analysed on site"
        Isn't that talking about a situation where a "factory" is being inspected? That doesn't sound like it applies here.

Comment

Comment

In other happier news – on which we can all surely agree - arrogant, bullying entitled job-for-life, single-mum-baiting, dodgy stadium deal-cutting arsehole Sir Robin Wales has lost the election to be Labour's mayoral candidate, beaten decisively by Rokhsana Fiaz, who is poised to become Britain's first BAME woman mayor.

Or, "ousted in a coup" as some serious journalists have already called it.

Comment

Well done to her. She's made a good start.

Speaking to LGC before her election win, Cllr Fiaz said: “The mayoral model leads to a democratic deficit and people feeling even more disillusioned in the ability of politics to change things. It’s no surprise that voters are being drawn into polarising politics - there needs to be a correction.”

Comment

That's what we're up against, but great news all the same.

Comment

Yeah it's great that scumbag Wales lost.

Comment

Nef, I know there's the other thread for Salisbury now, but on something specific that came up here- you said to mebefore that protocol required Russia to be sent a sample. That doesn't seem to be clear. What are you going on?

Comment

I'm not sure who'd think that photo with the baseball cap wasn't photoshopped. Doesn't it come from when Corbyn was actively briefing about a Trumpian populist relaunch? He duly mucked that relaunch up, but he was right that there was something there which worked well in the election.

That Moscow meme is a disgrace.

Comment

BAME! I wanna live forever

But seriously, what does it mean

Comment

Black and minority ethnic

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                            I don't quite see how Article 54 does that, and others who are more familiar with CWC processes seem to be saying similar. But thanks for answering.
                            Yeah, seems pretty clear that Article 54 does no such thing, and neither does any other part of the convention. We're back to "repeating a Putin talking point".

Comment

Who says "it's pretty clear"? Given you're so insistent on detailed links from others, it would be helpful if you provide them yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                Who says "it's pretty clear"?
                                It was me, just there, did you not see it?

No-one has made any credible suggestion or argument that such a requirement exists. Nowhere. Not just not on here, where even you'd have to accept that. But anywhere.

Comment

Noted commie sympathisers The Spectator suggests that perhaps Corbyn is being unfairly treated https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/0...-about-russia/

Comment

It's fair enough, but I wouldn't go as far as trying to hang it on Ukraine, the Mafia or whoever. It could be any of them, or Russia too. Ratcheting up the patriotic chest-beating benefits Putin just as much as it does May.

Comment

No-one has made any credible suggestion or argument that such a requirement exists. Nowhere. Not just not on here, where even you'd have to accept that. But anywhere.

There clearly are approved protocols since Boris Johnson has just implemented them

Comment

You've moved the goalposts into a neighbouring stadium there. The point was whether the protocols required the UK to send samples to Russia not whether there are protocols at all (obviously there are).

Comment

Without wanting to make an utter noob of myself, this is the bit that everyone is pointing to:

Without prejudice to the right of any State Party to request a challenge inspection, States Parties should, whenever possible, first make every effort to clarify and resolve, through exchange of information and consultations among themselves, any matter which may cause doubt about compliance with this Convention, or which gives rise to concerns about a related matter which may be considered ambiguous. A State Party which receives a request from another State Party for clarification of any matter which the requesting State Party believes causes such a doubt or concern shall provide the requesting State Party as soon as possible, but in any case not later than 10 days after the request, with information sufficient to answer the doubt or concern raised along with an explanation of how the information provided resolves the matter.

https://www.opcw.org/chemical-weapon...-fact-finding/

It seems relevant here. It has been claimed that Russia has used a nerve agent which it possesses, even though it is supposed to have disposed off all stocks - a clear failure of "compliance with this Convention". Note it refers to "any matter" twice. This is a very broad and far reaching clause.

As to whether or not the Russians have requested a sample, the Guardian says they have (13th of March) but oddly does not directly quote the request.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-spy-poisoning

Comment

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/975739388138348544

The replies are amazing.

Comment

this is also a good watch

https://twitter.com/corbynforpm/status/975868262927011840

Comment

This isn't so good viewing.

Britain Elects

@britainelects
                                                Follow Follow @britainelects
                                                More
                                                Westminster voting intention:

CON: 44% (+1)
                                                LAB: 41% (-1)
                                                LDEM: 8% (+1)
                                                GRN: 2% (-1)
                                                UKIP: 1% (-1) <- new low

via @ICMResearch, 16 - 18 Mar

10:01 am - 20 Mar 2018
                                                They aren't obviously falling apart over Brexit either. I think Labour have a problem.

I saw Starmer on the day of the EU capitulation. He said "we'd have been here 6 months ago". If that's true, I can't believe many people would have spotted it.

Comment

He really is magnificent sometimes.

[edit: that's satire; I couldn't hope that people would think that Jeremy Corbyn really was magnificent sometimes. He really isn't.]
                                                  Last edited by Auntie Beryl; 21-03-2018, 22:33.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X