No announcement yet.

Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I noticed. As did a few friends of mine on the left.

Comment

Wallach's argument seems to make a big leap from "Khalaf's is the biggest grave there" to "it must have been Khalaf's grave" particularly given what Corbyn wrote in the Morning Star.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
        They'll go after McDonnell for everything he's ever said about the IRA, and for his support of Corbyn, so nothing'll change when it comes to this sort of press coverage (though I know you're not suggesting they'll do otherwise). As I've said a few times, Corbyn isn't the most astute; however, I'm very proud that we've finally got a leader who is calling out Netanyahu/Israel, despite practically all of our political and media class being against it.
        I saw McDonnell on Question Time when he was pressed on it very hard. He apologized very clearly. A minute later the audience were cheering him. Compare Corbyn on Northern Ireland.

I'm not talking appeasement here. I'm talking about a politician who has the skill to shut stuff down (all right, not with everybody but with enough people) versus one who bullshits for 4 days and ends up with a spectacularly shit explanation anyway.

Comment

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1029373529270222848

Paul Staines has been coming for Goodall recently because was a student Labour activist

Comment

I think this is a good thread on Corbyn and the wreath: https://twitter.com/AllyFogg/status/1029309239993491456

Comment

That’s good, yes.

Comment

The first part of it is good. On the basis of that, I'd get Ally Fogg in to replace Milne because it's better than anything he's come up with.

I'm less keen on the last bit, which jumps to "people who want to bring him down don't care about the specifics of the graves". That seemed odd because it's all about "the specifics of the grave". And not all of us are trying to bring him down, and by implication, replace him with somebody who'd going to be nicer to Netanyahu.

Comment

It's nothing about the "specifics of the graves" which were endlessly stated to contain " the Munich murderers" in fact turned out to contain Atef Bseiso assassinated in Paris in 1992 by Mossad alleged to be an active CIA asset at the time.

The PLO were no longer seen as terrorist orgainsiation. Of course that didn't stop the Israels from bombing their headquarters killing 50 odd people including civilians. Margaret Thatcher condemned it.
                  the aim of the press is to smear Corbyn. The aim of the Israelis is to smear the Palestinians. The two come together in a perfect storm.

This is backfiring badly I think. Netanyahu is not popular. Getting involved in UK domestic affairs will make him less popular. The likes of Robert Peston (who should know better) making comparison to SS graves is disgraceful .
                  Last edited by Nefertiti2; 14-08-2018, 20:02.

Comment

Meanwlie we have the BBC being publicly ordered by the Israeli foreign ministry to change their headline immediately and meekly complying

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_K_Cook/status/1027641183869313027

Comment

Owen Jones (called "Squealer" on Twitter by fellow Guardian journalist Rafael Behr ealier today)

Comment

Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 20-08-2018, 12:11. Reason: Posted in error

Comment

Has Corbyn's proposal that BBC governors be elected by licence payers (i.e. the general public) been discussed on any thread yet? I mean, I know Corbyn has come up with a lot of very stupid proposals, but this one may be the most stupid proposal I've heard from the leader of any major UK party for many years. Does he have the first clue what kind of unqualified populist cretins would be in charge of the BBC before long under that regime?

Comment

Don't know why they'd necessarily be unqualified populist cretins just cos people get to vote on them.

Anyway, wasn't it just the non-executive Directors of the BBC Board he was talking about? Currently that's Tanni Grey-Thompson, Simon Burke, Ian Hargreaves, Tom Ilube and Nicholas Serota. They're currently government-appointed, afaik. I'm not sure that making them elected is that worth bothering about, but can't see much harm in discussing it either. They're supposed to be our representatives, of a fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                              Has Corbyn's proposal that BBC governors be elected by licence payers (i.e. the general public) been discussed on any thread yet?
                              Been missed in the fuss about his unwillingness/ inability to answer a repeated question about the benefits or otherwise of EU membership. And of course the continuing hysterics from the Jewish Comical.

PS I was in the National Gallery once when a small boy whose granny had given him too much chocolate boked all over the main hall. At which point Nick Serota appeared and offered £50,000 for it
                              Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 23-08-2018, 13:20.

Comment

The voice of progressive politics from EEG there. Scratch a liberal etc.

Jezza's nicked my idea...

Comment

Surely as good an example as you can get of a policy that would never be enacted. Any government would realise the people most likely to vote in such an election would be fervent opponents of the then-current Westminster regime, left or right. That said, it’s good red meat for the base.

The other bit about the BBC declaring people’s social class I find a bit more worrying. I was raised in a council house by people on the dole, but they went to Oxford, as did I. Does that make me - or them - posh? If such environmental factors do have an effect does working for the Beeb in and of itself make someone posh? Because that’s going to skew the data.
                                  Last edited by Lucy Waterman; 23-08-2018, 20:52.

Comment

Florence Foster Jenkins was on this week. BBC part-funded on the basis of a BBC terrestrial premiere. So would Meryl Streep have been obliged to declare her social class?

Comment

Originally posted by NHH View Post
                                      The voice of progressive politics from EEG there. Scratch a liberal etc.

Jezza's nicked my idea...
                                      I'm increasingly convinced 'EEG' is a #FedByPutridEntrails parody account. It's not bad, but could do with less ableist language.

I realised what Corbyn's like - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine. An OK-ish band that had a few complete and utter arseholes in their fanbase.
                                      Last edited by delicatemoth; 23-08-2018, 22:08.

Comment

Does this go in here? Apparently Labour are "a force for anti-Semitism in British politics". I'm not convinced that's true.

Comment

Funtime Frankie Field can go anywhere he likes.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                                            I'm increasingly convinced 'EEG' is a #FedByPutridEntrails parody account. It's not bad, but could do with less ableist language.

I realised what Corbyn's like - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine. An OK-ish band that had a few complete and utter arseholes in their fanbase.
                                            This. Though the SNP wings over transphobia reading idiot fringe crowdfunding fucking Salmond’s Judicial review (apparently under the impression this will exonerate the horrible cunt should he win the review (oh please god may the cops press charges on the sleazeball soon), and that the whole harassment thing is an MI5 false flag) make the Bastani faction look sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                              Funtime Frankie Field can go anywhere he likes.
                                              https://twitter.com/NeilMerriman/status/1035191459148955650

Comment

His response the other day to some awkward questions about Brexit was something about "Britain's sense of destiny". So I'm not surprised he's not thought this out.

Comment

Field v Corbyn is one of those "can they please both lose?" confrontations.

Comment

I'm With Corbyn on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X