Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corb Blimey!

A new thread for discussing Corbyn's Labour now he's actually been elected leader... any takers?

Corb Blimey!

Yes, when we get going. Right now I have backcombing to do.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

You are going to struggle, but I wish you all the best.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I'm in. Leave that other thread for discussion about Middlesbrough.

I've run out of stuff to say now though. Bugger

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Right, well I have LOADS to say.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

About Middlesbrough? Sweet!

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I watched the Montreal olympics in Middlesbrough.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Good start. This site definitely needs more live Middlesbrough chat.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

We could also get ursus' missus in for some Stockton banter.

Right. I'll stop now.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

As I have said on the other thread, Harry's "Corb Blimey!" works better.

See, the left are splitting already.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Have we seen the Tories' attack ad?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I still say, by the way, fair play to the Labourites for all this. What bugs the hell out of me is those soi-disant revolutionaries who have suspended all critical faculties because "OOH SHINY". Like they did with SYRIZA.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Yes, I'm backing 'Corb Blimey!' too.

The only certainty so far is that the scale of coverage has been unfathomable, and very polarised. Old media can't handle straight reporting these days, so has gone with daft stories like women missing from the first 50%+ female shadow cabinet (BBC TV news this morning) along with all the wackier attempts to find skeletons in wardrobes from the tabloids/Telegraph. Digital media has been pretty positive, coming as it tends to from 1) actual people, 2) people used to filtering good information from bad and 3) today at least, people who understand mental health issues recognising the value of that new post he's set up.

I am looking forward to them getting stuck in once Parliament resumes. The party's got a clear mandate to oppose austerity now, which also happens to be a populist approach to take. Even rich people are tired of it. I'd guess the tories also wouldn't be too upset at having an excuse to row back on their bad bets like the housing association right to buy thing, a policy no one thinks is sensible.

(Shall we stop linking to the Telegraph on this thread, like people often do for the Mail on others?)

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I think the thread should have been called The Corbyn Trouser Press (est 2015).

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I've just changed it to Corb Blimey! That'll do for now, I reckon. Far better than my original one.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Also, I'll relink to that Dawn Foster piece here, since I think it's really good, and it made me rethink my concern about the "top jobs for the boys" stuff.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Dawn Foster, not Fraser, who I happened to meet on Saturday and drink prosecco with. It's a good piece

Comment

Corb Blimey!

The Beeb are going big on the McDonnell IRA thing I see

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Argh, sorry about the Foster/Fraser confusion - corrected it now.

(Dawn Fraser is some former Aussie swimming champion who recently had a racist outburst about Nick Kyrgios. Not sure why I pulled her name from my subconscious.)

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Agree with TonTon that this isn't a Syriza situation, though there are some similarities in support surge. The Labour party is a complicated beast that is a very different thing to navigate through.

On that tangent, the National Policy Forum and Conference Arrangements Committee election results were a bit more of a mixed bag, though mostly nudging left. And boring as it is, this stuff matters

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Jimski wrote: (Dawn Fraser is some former Aussie swimming champion who recently had a racist outburst about Nick Kyrgios. Not sure why I pulled her name from my subconscious.)
                                          I thought she sang for the Cocteau Twins.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

My mum, who is 81, suggested that she might rejoin. She left in 1994.

That Tory advert is great, reminded me how anti-militarism he is (or claims to be), which while welcome certainly sits uneasily with historic Labour.

I rather liked this piece on the sexist appointments non-story.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

The other name was better.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Anyway, look - the four big jobs are the four big jobs. You should want to change that and you should try to change that but you should not try to justify your man's selections by trying to pretend it isn't true.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

They made Eagle First Secretary of State because they realised it looked bad. I'm guessing the open and candid New Politics will not include owning your own mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X