No announcement yet.

Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen Kinnock launches new book with the help of Will Straw. Apparently the son of an MP/Labour Party leader/European Commissioner, ex-Director of the World Economic Forum, husband of the former Danish Prime Minister says that Labours problem is that its policies are "for the metropolitan elites" and the half a million new Labour members shows that the Party "need to reconnect with its roots".

To top all that off, it has the same front cover as "The Plan", a 2008 book written by Douglas Carswell and Daniel Hannan. And he launched it with the slogan "Work. Family. Community. Country". Which is very close to the slogan "Work. Family. Country" as used by the Vichy regime.

The man is so, absolutely, spectacularly useless.

Comment

He's not "apparently" the son of a disastrous Labour leader who lost two elections and then was an unelected European Commissioner who did fuck all for a decade except swim in his paycheck.

He IS the the son of a disastrous Labour leader who lost two elections and then was an unelected European Commissioner who did fuck all for a decade except swim in his paycheck.

Comment

Will Straw CBE, please. I find it quite hard to get past his having the neck to accept a gong from Cameron for running the failed Britain Stronger In Europe campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
          Stephen Kinnock launches new book with the help of Will Straw. Apparently the son of an MP/Labour Party leader/European Commissioner, ex-Director of the World Economic Forum, husband of the former Danish Prime Minister says that Labours problem is that its policies are "for the metropolitan elites" and the half a million new Labour members shows that the Party "need to reconnect with its roots".

To top all that off, it has the same front cover as "The Plan", a 2008 book written by Douglas Carswell and Daniel Hannan. And he launched it with the slogan "Work. Family. Community. Country". Which is very close to the slogan "Work. Family. Country" as used by the Vichy regime.

The man is so, absolutely, spectacularly useless.
          Is there anyone in the country- except possibly Neil and Glenys, who say "great, Stephen Kinnock's got a new book out, can't wait to have a read of that"?

Comment

He's the MP for the next door constituency to me. I'd rather have him than the Shadow Cabinet neo-loyalist we've got, who I doubt believes a word of Labour's Brexit policy.

Comment

you disappoint me, Tubby. Kinnock's Brexit line was out and out racist. he's also really thick.

Comment

I have a story about SK that is probably unwise to post publically but, let's say, doesn't paint him in a very good light

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                  you disappoint me, Tubby. Kinnock's Brexit line was out and out racist. he's also really thick.
                  He's been in the Single Market camp for a while, but yeah, he did talk a load of rubbish about "cohesion" before and I don't want to read his book. I'd have rather Jeremy Miles (my current AM) had got selected instead of him.

Comment

Please post a hint. (To ad hoc)

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                      Please post a hint. (To ad hoc)
                      Seconded. is it British Council related?

Comment

Yes. From his time in Russia

Comment

PM's are open.

Comment

https://twitter.com/David__Osland/status/1036560966522232832

Comment

Oooh Ooooh oooooh!

Comment

Fuck, I've got to go to bed now, thinking about the possibilities. I wish I hadn't asked...(to ad hoc, again)

Comment

Sons of (former) lefties - Benn, Straw, Kinnock - a personification of the times.

Comment

I suppose Dan Hodges and Toby Young count for this, too.

Comment

I don't know who David Osland is, or what his opinion of Brexit is, but assuming he isn't keen, he ought to reflect on how "tragic" Neil Kinnock dragged Labour away from Bennite rubbish on the EU.

Comment

For a classical scholar that's a pretty odd interpretation of the word "tragedy"

Comment

Fair point.

I'm on surer ground with my interpretation of Bennite EU rubbish.

Comment

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/b...tain-1.3610327

Eurosceptic Labour MP Eric Heffer decried how the Common Market would privilege continental fresh food over the preserved Commonwealth foods preferred by “working class families”: “tinned salmon with salad followed by tinned peaches and tinned cream”

Comment

It's entertaining, but I've just got to

"When a mundane (albeit, inept) anti-capitalism mural was wrongly dubbed anti-Semitic;..."

and now have some doubts about this guy.

Comment

https://twitter.com/RJSHutton/status/1041688796465643520

and he had been doing so well up until this point.

(Hah, Missed Levin's reply.)

Comment

On the evidence of that tweet about the mural, I think we can happily do without his expertise on anti-Semitism.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                                    It's entertaining, but I've just got to

"When a mundane (albeit, inept) anti-capitalism mural was wrongly dubbed anti-Semitic;..."

and now have some doubts about this guy.
                                                    jesus christ, absolutely fucked it. labour party members and supporters are their own worst enemies.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X