Martial law - armchair weekend football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever about the others, Haidara has been there for more than two years and Perez the best part of 18 months.

Comment

Oh yeah, as I said, I'm years out of date on some of it. Especially Newcastle, I mean who can keep up with all the identikit Francophone players and the like.

Comment

Eggchaser wrote: Randolph has "second choice keeper" written all over him. Hurry back Adrian.
        So does Adrian though.

Comment

The Gerrard story takes a bizarre new twist . . .

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/el-hadji-diouf-says-steven-gerrard-has-never-liked-black-people-364487

Now, I'm no fan of Gerrard, to put it mildly – but surely if he nurtured an animus against black players, it would have surfaced in one form or another at some point in the last 16 years? Also, Diouf is a proven scumbag with a bad character.

Comment

good god.

Comment

Diouf seems to think he can get away with being a cunt by crying wolf about racism if people don't like him. He still thinks that flukey year he had before signing for Liverpool puts him up there with Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo et al as one of the best players of that era.

And how does he know how Gerrard treated Balotelli if:
              a) he's not been at Liverpool for a decade and
              b) he doesn't really know Balotelli.

Comment

"It is common knowledge that Gerrard has never liked blacks. When I was at Liverpool I showed him that I was black, I wasn’t English, and I wasn’t going to take any nonsense. He never dared look me in the eye all the time I was at the club.

“Gerrard is just jealous. What I have done in football, he did not. When I came to Liverpool, I came up with the status of boss and he lives there. I am respected in world football, the greatest football experts have appointed me among the seven best players in the World Cup, the top 100 players of the century. Several big players do not belong. Everywhere I go out of my country, they worship me. [Gerrard], wherever he goes outside his city of Liverpool, will be insulted.”
                That really is some of the most deluded shit. Diouf lives in a very weird world of his own creation where reality has no place.

Comment

Working...
                X