Rogin's occasional Friday lunchtime quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time, it's the game the entire country, especially everyone on OTF, watches like no other. England's El Clasico.

1. In 31 League meetings between Manchester United and Liverpool in this century, how many draws have there been? a)0 b)3 c)7 d)11

2. Which player scored the winner three times in four seasons in the games played at Old Trafford in 2000, 2002 and 2004?

3. Who are the last players to score hat-tricks for Liverpool v Man U, and for Man U v Liverpool?

4. Liverpool have only ever beaten Manchester United once at Wembley. When, and in what game?

5. Who holds the record for sendings-off in the fixture, having been dismissed on four occasions?

1. 11

2. Danny fuckface Murphy

3. Beardsley and Berbatov

4. Milk Cup final 1984

5. No idea. Vidic?

Comment

3 wrong answers from Green Calx. I might do this like a radio phone-in quiz, and only declare when someone's got all 5 perfectly correct.

Comment

4. Milk Cup final 1984
        1983, methinks.

Comment

3. Dirk Kuyt (for LFC v MUFC), from a combined distance of about 6 inches.

Comment

Not sure, but seeing you nearly had to kill someone in football before the 1990s to get sent off, could Number 5 be Gerrard?. or Rooney?

Comment

I think Calx is right with Vidic, as is Jah Womble with 1983 League Cup Final.

Comment

2. I'm guessing Carragher O.G.s

Comment

All the correct answers have been posted except for number 1.

Now someone just needs to put them together.

Comment

Draws are 3

Comment

Yes, that's right. Three draws in 30-odd games - especially in a fixture that hasn't been entirely one-way traffic over that period, in fact quite evenly spread - must be unusual, surely.

CV, Murphy is right, the first one was in December 2000 (but in the "2001 season"). I couldn't find a way of getting the question phrased quite right that I wouldn't have been picked up on that one way or the other.

Kuyt and Berbatov for the hat-tricks, the 1983 League Cup Final, and Nemanja Vidic (4 sendings-off in 14 appearances against them, including three in a row). I think Vidic's is a record number for any player against any club, not just in this fixture.

Comment

Kuyt for the hattrick.

Comment

Working...
                        X